Enforcing Sales Policy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whaleyk98

Reaction score
Ok, so I sold a bun to a woman a couple days ago and she emails me today saying that she might not be able to keep the bun because she "thinks" that shes allergic. Shes gonna give it a couple more days...I have a "money recieved for bun is NOT refundable" clause on my site in the please note section under for sale. Not sure if she saw it or not.I have never had to deal with this before and Im not sure how to go about this....I need some expert opinion, lol. Any ideas? What would you do? Im kind of annoyed actually. Thanks for any assistance =)

Edited to sat that she just called and left a message that she definitly is not keeping the bunny and needs to return it....Do I just give her her money back even though my policy clearly states that it is not refundable???

Well simple, just tell her if she wants to return it you'll take the rabbit back but as posted on your website you do not refund money. Its not a toaster oven, something could have happened to it while in her care that you will have to deal with, so no monies returned. While I have purchased a rabbit back from someone its a bad policy to get started, stick to your guns.

I totally agree. Take it back, but don't return the money. She took the risk of purchasing the pet and you could have gotten it another home, but you instead sold it to her. She should be financially responsible. It's not your fault she's allergic and there's nothing wrong with the bunny you sold her.

This is what I sent to her:
I am so sorry to hear that it isn't going to work out with the bunny. As stated in the sales policy on my website, any money received for my rabbits is non-refundable. However, I am always willing to take back any animals no questions asked and with no fees. When would you like to drop him off?

Thanks again,
Kate

You did the correct thing,but when the bunny comes back I would separate the rabbit from the others for couple of weeks in case it might had been exposed to something that could effect your herd while in the other person's control.

Yeah, I have an isolation cage all set up in case she brings him back. I have a feeling that shes not going to though.=(

She emailed me begging to please reconsider, ugh. I just told her flat out....I will be happy to take him back but my sales policy is non negoitiable.
The End. Well see what happens.

I hope she brings back the bunny, stand your ground and she'll hopefully bring it back :(

Nope. I think shes pissed and I dont see me getting the bun back.....now Im just gonna sit and wonder what happened to him. Im quite POed right now.

That's awful if she doesn't return it to you and gets rid of him some other way. I would keep watch on your local cragislist for him ;) That way you can see if she's trying to sell him to get her money back; and she could be selling for more to even get a profit.

Emily

Hello,

I was just reading this post and thought I would put in my 2 cents. I hope I don't offend anyone.

I would stick to your guns and not give a refund, but what the lady does with the rabbit is her business. Once you've sold it, the new owner can do what she wants with it. If she chooses to sell it for more money than she paid for it that is her right. I wouldn't want financial stipulations put on a rabbit I purchased. If I bought a rabbit for say, $20.00 and it wound up being a champion and I wanted to sell it again for $80.00 I should be able to do so.

My suggestion is to let it go. Don't go to her house to "repossess" it. She is allergic to it and can't keep it. She should be able to get her money back out of it since rabbits and equipment can be expensive. Wouldn't you feel the same way?

You did your part and told her that you would take it back, minus the money paid. Some breeders stipulate that the rabbit has to come with the cage and accessories as they may not have the cage space available to keep it. If she's angry with you for this, then she'll have to be angry. Giving in would be a bad practice.

God bless, Dawn inMI

I didnt take offense to anything. I do agree. It is hers now and she can do with it what she wants. I was just secretly hoping she would bring it back....but oh well. Im sure this isnt the first time this will happen. Thanks for the advice!=)

Since the amount of time she had the rabbit was so short, I would most certainly have taken the rabbit back and returned her money. It's the right thing to do.

Pam

You did the responsible thing, you offered to take the rabbit back. At this point, if you are worried about the rabbit or really want the rabbit back, offer her half the money back, and explain that now you will have to go through the effort of isolating, caring for and finding the rabbit another home.

If she is very local to you, I'd try to negotiate a compromise. An unhappy owner can make things miserable for you if she gets vindictive. (I appreciate what your policy is... mine is the same, but sometimes we have to bend the rules for other reasons.)

Latest posts

Back