Emotional train wreck

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wordstoasong

Reaction score
I'm in the worst state now, I don't know why I'm writing this, but I guess I need support or something.

My real friends don't care, as they are more into their stupid lives to say anything to me, or to listen or answer their **** phones!

I'm like crap, I've been feeling like crap for the past 3 days. I knew I was going to do this!

Lance has been seeing this guy for over 5 months now, and I didn't know for a month or two but now, god, I don't know what. I've tried telling him many many times how I feel, but his answer: accept it. I can't. I just can't and he wont understand. He says I have to learn to share! To grow up and not be a kid! [I'd put in some bad words, but you understand]

Anyways, I don't know what to say anymore. Bawling over a guy, you'd think I'm a total loser, that there are more guys around. Anyway,s I'll write more when I'm slightly in the mood to share.

Oh Sweetie...that's just awful...

I hope you're okay...

And, sure there are other guys out there...but you wanted HIM...and anyone that doesn't understand that is a fool and has never truly loved.

:hug: and lots of:hearts to you,

Rosie*

I once had my heartbroken.. beyond all repair.. or so I thought.

So when I get all crushed or emotionally affected, I usually put pen to paper.. or these days, fingers to keyboard, and hammer out my feelings.

I am gonna post one of my journal entries here, it is many many years old.. but people who have read it are like.. *Yeah.. that's it EXACTLY*...

So maybe it can be of some help to you love..

The Crime of Heartbreak
There are no rooms with a view in heartbreak hotel. You check in, alone again-alone for good, it seems-and the world dissapears. Because your lover has forsaken you,you forsake the world. The places you loved, the places you dreamed of........wiped off the map....London...Paris- he has taken them with him. Books, movies, all of your old pleasures now leave you indifferent, since, indifferent he left you... heartbreak does not only subtract the joys that being loved added, it subtracts life's other joys as well. In the currency of heartbreak, your treasures are worthless: your friends, your work, your life.
All you can see in heartbreak hotel is yourself....instead of a view, there is a mirror. Once he could not take his eyes off you. Now you cannot take your eyes off yourself. Love made you beautiful, heartbreak deforms you. You stare at yourself in pity and horror- hideous, heartbroken thing.

Anyone who has been there knows that heartbreak is a state of utter impoverishment. The beloved, the world, the integrity of the self, faith and hope-all that we lived for...with....and by---gone! In theory, we accept loss as an inevitable fact of life. But loss is no longer merely a fact...a distant abstraction... when it affects us: it becomes a mystery. "why?" is the first question loss makes us ask. (never "why not?"). Somebody--something---must be to blame! Like every story of loss, the story of heartbreak begins with a crime.

Because he is the obvious culprit, we first accuse the beloved. At best he is weak, fatally flawed; at worst he is treacherous, fatally cruel. He is a Don Juan, a liar, a fraud. Whatever his alibis, whatever his motives, he has damaged us and is therefore a criminal.. That we feel damaged is proof of the crime. To describe those feelings, we employ crimes vocabulary. We say, for example, that our trust was violated, that our heart has been stolen. this will remain, eternally, the deserted lovers cry of rage. It is also, of course, a cry of despair.

In turning on the beloved .... we turn on ourselves. The flip side of the question "what is wrong with him?" is invariably "what is wrong with me?" (am i too fat? to thin? too smart? to dumb?-and on and on, in an endless absurd catechism of self loathing.) We understand, intellectually, that in betraying us, the beloved has proved himself unworthy of our love: but viscerally, we feel unworthy. And not only of his love,...but (so heartbreak reasons) of love itself: thus a single rejection is internalized as a life sentence of loneliness. The cruelty of heartbreak is that we experience it simultaneously as a crime and a punishment. In this shifting narrative, guilt and innocence refuse to stay put: we must endure the torments of both the wronged and the damned.

In this way..heartbreak hotel becomes both a hospital and a prison.... you lie there in traction...every emotional bone snapped in two. You will never love again without a limp. There are no comforts only poisonous medications: cigarettes...coffee...wine (which no longer intoxicates), chocolates you barely taste. For wanting love, needing love, you are locked up in this room with no view.

As in any hospital, any prison... you wonder.. willI ever get out of here alive?

The last thing you need at this time is a phone!!!!!

It rings... it's your father (at your mothers insistance)... begging you to go on Prozac...it's your mother: " If you thought of other people for a change" (in other words her), "You might be a little depressed hunny" it's your best friend Kelly, her new boyfriend calls her "lil darlin" his names Justin...and he's faboo - and he's on his way over. "gotta go," she says, and hangs up.

It's never him.....it will never be him again.

When you are heartbroken...everyone seems cruel...because they are happy? or because you are miserable? Even your cat is avoiding you. misery moves only after it has been sculpted and sanitized: raw & oozing, like yours: repels.

"Hide your wounded finger" warned the 17th century spanish philospher Baltasar Gracian. "Or you will bump it on everything. Never complain about it. Malice always zeroes in on what hurts or weakens us. Look discouraged and you will only encourage others to make fun of you."

Heartbreak feasts on harrowing scenes...sordid confessions: it will starve to death if you can summon the strength to keep it a secret. The last person who should ever witness your sufferring is he who caused it. Tears or reproaches would only bore- or delight him. If you want to haunt him, retreat into silence- when heartbreak is ugly and weak, silence has beauty and power. And yet you long to call him, to rail and to plead. You long to surrender yourself at this very moment when it Is most dangerous to do so. Rage that is despair, despair that is rage, the siamese twin demons of heartbreak that hiss in your ear and tempt you to folly! They will make you feel there is nothing left to lose, when there is still everything to lose: your mystery, your dignity, your decency. In rage, your worst self commits murder, in despair, your best self- your tender self- commits suicide.

Thank God! The one time you break down and call him at 2 in the morning he is out with another woman. this is the kindest thing he can do for you... not leaving a message is the kindest thing you can do for yourself.

Remember: every hateful word you never utter is a love letter time will mail back to you.

Because when those we give our love to fail to value it...sooner or later....we begin to realize that we have scorned and dismissed and dissapointed the wrong people....in the end the lovers we find ourselves regretting are not the ones who have left us...but the ones we have left. They are the ghosts who hover in our dark. It is not possible to forget anyone you've destroyed.

Someday your beloved will be hurt, he will be lonely and sad, and he will think of you with longing.

Heartbreak is a valuable impoverishment... a desolation that is potentially enriching. You learn alot more for better or worse... from getting your heart broken than from breaking hearts yourself.

When the heart breaks...everything else breaks too. The self as we know it crumbles to rubble; no longer inhabitable, it must be built back bit by bit. heartbreak forces us...in this sense....to create ourselves anew. We are no longer innocent, uninitiated....we know what it is to be wounded...and know how to wound. Our knowledge will either teach us compassion...or make us dangerous. We vow never to love again: and vengefully hurt others the way we ourselves have been hurt...or we vow to love wisely the next time, and more generously.

There are 2 roads to take when leaving Heartbreak Hotel: one leads to God...and one leads to the Devil....you may be kinder..or you may be crueler-but after heartbreak your never the same.

I'm speechless Zin....that was like...yeah....I don't know how to describe it.

I'm speechless....

Peg

:cry4:

I don't wanna stop at the Heartbreak hotel anymore and Zin got it right on :shock:IThank you for sharing Zin :rose:

Big hugs to you and I hope you find the perfect person for you, one that one put you through that kind of sorrow.:rose:

LOL, Ms Binky.. ty.. but that was many any years ago.. before I got my husband..

Now I just stop at the *I am gonna kill you you selfish jerk* hotel..

Actually I have a standing reservation..

Wow Zin, that is amazing. You really have pointed out alot for many who are in the heartbreaker hotel.

Wow is all I can say and I do agree with Peg too.

wordstoasong i know exactly how you feel. 4months ago i went through a very similiar situation w/ my boyfriend of 2.5yrs.

as hard as it may seem look to the brighter side of things.

when i was at the lowest time of my life, i decided to take charge. i started doing things that made me happy, rekindled all my lost friendships because of all the time i spent w/ my ex, and i realized i shouldn't settle for anything but the best!!

you've told him how you feel and unfortunately it is left in his hands to do w/ as he pleases. so instead of letting him getting the best of you take charge and do what's best for you!

you'll soon realize how happy you can be w/ yourself. i truly enjoy my own company and i love being able to make all my own deicisons w/o answering to anyone else. i'm the happiest i've ever been!

get self-help books too! i'm not kidding!! i absolutely LOVED the ones I had. I had "letting go" and "it's called a break-up, cause it's broken" they were fantastic! I also started writing in a journal, it is really theraputic.

hang in there :) we're all thinking about you

Wordstoasong...I know how hard this is:hug:as I am going through this too. I hope you find yourself in better spirits.

Wow Zin...I am here in tears...this is exactly how I feel right now. My mind says get over it but my heart is not ready to let go.

Thank you everyone. You're all so sweet.

So on Wednesday Feb 27, I picked up all my stuff from his place, and was going to see a movie "as friends" with Lance.
But of course, he spends the money on subs as he was hungry and didn't even bother to call me and tell me (he was going to pay my way in). So I went and saw him for maybe 20 minutes, where he avoided my "couple" questions, and me in general. I knew nothing would happen so I went home really mad at myself for listening to him. (He told me that he toyed with his ex's minds, yet he wanted to be friends with me still and try to work it out, and that he's sorry)

Why did I even listen and still love him? I have no idea. Stable work is keeping me sane and busy, but going home makes me feel empty without him. So what did I do after he ignored me that night? I grabbed everything of him. The scrapbook, the notes and letters, pictures and small toys I gave him, and I destoryed them completely with a pair of nice scissors. I removed him from everything. Online sites we're on, my cell phone, pictures from my computer.

And now, I enjoy my single life with chocolate birthday cake and ice cream from my sister's 16th B-day. =]

Oh Sweetie...that is just not fair, him messing with you like that...can't he tell you're in pain? Why not just leave you be?

I'm happy, though, to hear of your strength, and your response being one of strength and the desire to move on with your life. I can't way I would be that strong...

Hugs and lots of love to you,

Rosie*

P.S. If you ever need a friend, drop me a line. :)

Heartbreak is one of the most horrible things ever... I've had my heart broken twice, and that was twice too many for me. It's sohard because it's not one of those things you worry about so to speak, but it sort of hangs over you, and you can't forget about it? I so understand how you're feeling and I really sympathize. Long story, but my ex messed me aroundwith anothergirland led me to believe we would get back together but then he got with her instead.. and boy did they rub it in my face! I thought I would never get over it and be hurt forever...

Anyway,that's far too muchof my useless rambling!:p What I'm trying to say is that although it may seem like empty words and probably wont be very helpful right now, but it will get better in time, I promise it will. Some of them really aren't worth the time of day, but I'm now best friends with my ex, and his now-ex-girlfriend, and I NEVER would have thought that possible!

So go out, do whatever makes you happy, have fun, and make the most of being FREE! And yeah, of course there are other guys around, but he is the one you wanted. So let yourself heal and get over it, but most of all look after Number 1- you!

Hope you're doing ok, and don't be afraid to vent on here- it's a great supportive place to do so!

Hugs,

:hug:Jen xx

Back