Emmits_mom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymommy

Reaction score
I was just noticing that Carrie hasn't been on ina while. Has anyone heard from her? I missEmmit. He looks like the male version of my Baby.:D

Good Question, babymommy. I miss her too.

-Carolyn

Hi everyone...yes we have been busy with ourwedding among other things. We just got back from Ohio at mycousin's wedding, ,so that's why I didn't see any of this.Thanks for being concerned about me. This is my last week ofsummer classes, so after this, I'll finally have a few weeks off.

Anyway, update on the bunnies:

Emmit has been the sweetest bunny in the world! He hasstarted licking my face after and before I pet him. He doesit all the time now and we have our little game where I pet, he licks,then I pet some more. He's shedding a little again while wewere gone, but I think it was just because he missed us,because now that we're back, he seems so happy and I can't even pullany hair out...weird bunny.

We have bad news about Dini. After having her on medicationfor about 3 weeks, we saw a little improvement on her head tilt, butnot with her nose. It continued to be runny, and shecontinued to sneeze often. We made the decision to give herup because we knew that we could not put the two of them together, andwe didn't have the time for both of them. We weren't givingeither of them the attention they deserved, and it was beginning tohurt our relationship as well-everytime I'd come over after classes,I'd go with Emmit, and Martin would go downstairs to tend to Dini...weonly really saw each other at bed time. So just a few daysago, we took Dini back to her old foster family, who really missedher. Martin and I were SO sad to see her go, but I knowshe'll do better there. We're all chipping in to get herspayed when she is ready and they are taking her then down toHarrisburg Bunny People, which is a shelter for rabbits. Theyare really good about finding homes for them, and have a rabbit withthe same disease they'd like to bond with Dini so they won't belonely. I'm hoping though, that her foster family would justkeep her. We'll see how it goes.

Just as we let Dini go, another bunny fell into our laps. Sheis a white "lop" with one ear up and another down. We'regoing to name her Amelia. She's all white with rubyeyes. She's spayed, she's litter trained, and we know she'shealthy. She is a curious little bunny, and although shehasn't been around too many people, you can really tell she just lovesbeing pet. Once she gets started, you can't stop.We're planning on bringing her home by next week to start the bondingprocess.

Anyway, that's how things are here...as for wedding planning goes, I'vepicked a dress, colors, bridesmaids dresses, and a ceremonysite. We have appointments with reception possibilities nextweekend...hopefully we'll find something in our price range.

Thanks for all of your concern, and I'll post a pic of Amelia when Iget back to my home computer. Hope all is well with everyone,and I can't wait to see more picts of Emmit's "twin" sister, Baby!

-Carrie

Hey Carrie, so good to have you back. I'm reallysorry about Dini. I know how much you and Martin cared for her and itmust have been so hard to let her go. I hope all goes well with Ameliaand that the bonding is painless! Emmit sounds like a real cuddle bunny- really sweet. Take care - Jan

So good to hear from you Carrie. Sorry to hear about Dini, but glad things are going well otherwise.

I posted some pictures a week or so ago of Baby. I enjoyreading your posts because Emmit and Baby seem to have so much incommon. You can tell that Emmit is just a little bit olderthan Baby. It seems like I'll read something about Emmit andthen just a few weeks later, Baby does some similar things.

Baby has gotten very affectionate lately. We had her outalmost all day yesterday. And she seemed almost as excited asmy daughter about school starting back today. I had to lether out before we left.

Anyways, good luck on wedding plans, sounds like you've got it under control.

Latest posts

Back