Emma and Livingston

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarGlider

Reaction score
I got my Emma today. She is 9 weeks old and she's 5 lbs right now.

Livingston is 13 lbs right now and 9 months old.

Livingston has pasturilla so he's not been around Emma and thesepictures were taken a few days apart, BUT if Emma should pick it up tooand get sick from it we are fully prepared to take care of both ofthem. We knew in bringing her home that there was a chanceshe'd be exposed and a small chance she'd get ill from it and we choseto get her anyway.

These pics are for size comparison...

Emma Left - Livingston Right
DSC00001-6.jpg
DSC00010-2.jpg

Emma left - Livingston Right
DSC00011-4.jpg
DSC00003-5.jpg

Emma Left - Livingston Right
DSC00012-2.jpg
DSC00011-3.jpg

Oh she is so adorable! Looking at those two makes me want a Flemish so much!

I hope that Livingston's illness is just a passing thing, so he andEmma can be close. Will they be housed together inside? Or is she goingoutside for now?

She is such a doll (and i love her name)! Very cute!

PS...just to let you know, Max is going through a lot of the sameproblems and Livingston (not sure if its pasturella, but likely) andBasil has been the picture of perfect health through it all. I dontthink this is typical, but just thought Id let ya know :)

We are buying Livingston a cage to be in thehouse tuesday and Emma we are cleaning out the stall outside andputting her there we can afford another cage.

We were planning to neuter Livingston right away but I think we mightwait a bit. We also might spay Emma. Thankfully myvet will bill us so money for the vet is never a problem... I cannotsay how amazing of a thing that is!

Livingston is still at the vets being boarded till tomorrow :)

I'm glad your bunnies friend is ok, I have a lot of hope that thingswill somehow work out ok. Part of me want to get a spay andneuter and try to bond them and part of me wants to leave bothintact. I'm leaning towards fixing both.

I think that sometimes the benefits ofcompanionship outweigh the risk of illness, but its up to you. I knowfirst-hand how difficult and heartbreaking it is to deal with a sickbunny..I cant imagine having two.

Also, while she still young (and health) you might want to check intoVPI. I know you have a lot of animals, but it might be a good idea toget her covered. Its only 12a month per rabbit and its been alifesaver for me. Just a thought :)

Veterinary Pet Insurance. Heres the link:

www.petinsurance.com

Let me know if you ever sign up, I think I can get a credit for a referral :D

Its great though, especially if you sign your pet up before itsdiagnosed with something. I think you have to have the pet for 6 monthsbefore you can sign them up...but theres really no way they canknow :embarrassed:

I've looked into that but I just have too manyanimals and who knows which ones will end up sickly? Myanimals will never be without vet care unless our vet moves away toanother state or something.

(we currently have 13 gliders, 5 cats, 2 dogs, 4 rabbits, one hedgehog, and a rooster)

Ohh my gosh,Emma is gorgeous!! Emma and Livingston would make sucha beautiful couple :inlove:

Poor Livingston,i will be keeping him in my thoughts :)

cheryl

Oh my....what beautiful flemish.

I'm going to have to hide this thread from Tiny. I think I've heard himplotting to get another flemish (like I'd really mind) so he could havea friend his own size....

They are gorgeous rabbits.

Peg

Emma with the cats this morning :)

DSC00002-10.jpg

And here is a rare picture of all 5 of our cats together.

DSC00012-3.jpg

I'll try to get a picture of Livingston with the cats later when it's his turn to play :)

*jealous* I would love a Flemish giant! I ask mymum all the time for one, she says not now, but maybe sometime, thatmeans, when I'm older and moved out and she can have it all toherself!:shock: Huh, well I'll have a whole herd of them!!!:D

Emma and Livingston are so beautiful, I love that colour. Tell Livingston I hope he gets better soon!:pray:

Michaela and the girls:brownbunny:brownbunny:brownbunny

Latest posts

Back