Emergency!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bammoxx

Reaction score
Earlier I was outside, it was near evening, andI looked over to Friday's cage, and there was a plasitc zip-lock bag init. I didn't think to much of it, just maybe the wind had gotit in there somehow, so I went to go get it. It ends up shehad chewed off the top part where the zipper part was! Ilooked on the ground for remnants but didn't find any. Do youthink she ate it? If she did, what will happen? I'm only 14and don't have any money and my parents wouldn't be able to afford avet visit. Are there any signs I should watch for?She seems to be eating/drinking normally, and her feces are regular.

If you can't go to the vet, all you can do ishope she passes it. Make sure she eats lots of hay and give hernutrical or pumpkin if you have it. She needs to flush it out. It'sbiggest problem is making a blockage if the piece of plastic was toobig.

lol, my Bub once ate half a plastic tablecloth that accidentally strayed into his reach. No ill effects that I ever saw.

Seriously, it's probably fine. Blockages are a possibilitybutwith the things I've seen my crew eat over the years, I think it shouldpass ok. Just keep an eye on things.

Good luck,

Rose

P.S. that was when he was a leggy teen, now see the pic of him grown upin my avatar picture. See? All healthy despite a plastic binge!:p

Ah, thank you! I've beenworried... I'll go ahead and give her some hay, just incase. Hopefully she'll be fine.

I think that the little bit of plastic bag shemay have ingested will pass through just fine. Keep an eye onher for any change in behavior, bowel or eating.

Pam

Mine have eaten pieces off of plastic baby gatesbefore. Just push the hay, even to the point of cutting backpellets a little more. Make sure she is eating, drinking, andpooping. You'll probably find it in the litterbox soon,coated with poop. Eww!

She's doing just fine :)

She's acting normal, eating normal, everything's normal. Sheloves hay too. I haven't been able to keep an eye on her asclose as I'd like because my dog has suddenly got fleas.... they're allover, so I've been bathing him with flea shampoo. Gotta makesure Friday doesn't get them too.

Oooh - i remember when I was a kid my dog hadfleas. Mom had to take him and the cat to the vet to beflea-dipped and my brother and I set off a flea bomb in the housebefore we went to school. What a mess! I'm so sorryyou have that to deal with, too. Good luck getting rid of thelittle buggers.

Latest posts

Back