EMERGENCY WORM PROBLEM!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MybunnyMilo

Reaction score
Hi! I just noticed my male rabbit Milo had some clear wormie things in his poop. I’m kind of freaking out, what do I do?? 😭

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
Hi! I just noticed my male rabbit Milo had some clear wormie things in his poop. I’m kind of freaking out, what do I do?? 😭
If anybody could link a dewormer that would work that might be in powder form or something so I could put it in his water that would be great

If anybody could link a dewormer that would work that might be in powder form or something so I could put it in his water that would be great
I was just reading Panacur is a good option for a dewormer? Has anybody tried this for pinworms??

When Iris had wormies in her poops, we couldn't get any sort of medication from the vet's pharmacy until we brought in a stool sample to be tested and got the results. They said it needs to be done so they know what parasite it actually is so they can get the right med going.
Luckily gut parasites/worms aren't really life-threarhening from what i've read, they're mostly just unsightly. Unless, of course, you see your rabbit lose a lot of energy, lacking appetite and the like, in which case it is an emergency.
My lady was with the parasites over a weekend and then three more days until the results and getting the meds with never a problem about it, so it's not like they would drop dead from worms overnight. Doesn't look like your bun has a severe infestation either.

Looks like pinworms to me, though if you're unsure, consult with your vet.

Yes, fenbendazole can treat pinworms. Panacur can be used, but you don't want to be administering it through the water, as the taste will likely put your rabbit off drinking it, and you can't verify your rabbit gets the right dose. So either the oral paste or liquid is normally used.

Only the panacur rabbit paste (NOT the equine paste) which is only available a few places online, or I've used safeguard liquid goat dewormer (same active ingredient as panacur), which is available online or at most farm supply stores.

Normal dose for rabbits is 20mgkg once a day orally of the liquid dewormer, or follow the instructions for the rabbit paste. I give it a minimum of 5 days, or I'll do a 10 day course just to be absolutely sure it's cleared up, as reinfection is common. Note this is different than the recommended dose on Medirabbit. It's just what I do based on what I've read, but you should consult with your vet if you're unsure or have any concerns. If you aren't familiar with calculating the correct dose and administering meds, please consult with your knowledgeable rabbit vet first, as you don't want to risk giving an overdose.

Medirabbit: pinworms

https://rabbit.org/veterinarians/

Looks like pinworms to me, though if you're unsure, consult with your vet.

Yes, fenbendazole can treat pinworms. Panacur can be used, but you don't want to be administering it through the water, as the taste will likely put your rabbit off drinking it, and you can't verify your rabbit gets the right dose. So either the oral paste or liquid is normally used.

Only the panacur rabbit paste (NOT the equine paste) which is only available a few places online, or I've used safeguard liquid goat dewormer (same active ingredient as panacur), which is available online or at most farm supply stores.

Normal dose for rabbits is 20mgkg once a day orally of the liquid dewormer, or follow the instructions for the rabbit paste. I give it a minimum of 5 days, or I'll do a 10 day course just to be absolutely sure it's cleared up, as reinfection is common. Note this is different than the recommended dose on Medirabbit. It's just what I do based on what I've read, but you should consult with your vet if you're unsure or have any concerns. If you aren't familiar with calculating the correct dose and administering meds, please consult with your knowledgeable rabbit vet first, as you don't want to risk giving an overdose.

Medirabbit: pinworms

https://rabbit.org/veterinarians/
Thanks for getting back to me. I actually think we have the safeguard goat dewormer already. Can I go off the medirabbits dosage? Or just do 20mgkg? We have recently moved to another state, so we are not in contact with a vet.

Latest posts

Back