EMERGENCY BUNS N ROSES RABBITS EYE

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK first of all, breathe.:p Has this been going on for a long time? Sometimes they get this "gunk" in their eyes because of like fur and stuff. It looks almost like part of a wet cottonball... It's scary at first but it's common.

It could be that there is something else though. Right now, maybe dabbing the eye with some water would be good. If the eye has been bugging though, the bunny should really be taken to the vet's to be checked out.

I can assure you though, it's not something to panick about as it can be dealt with. The bunny isn't dying, but the cause should be looked into.

Do you have any more details you can give us to help? :rose:

this is the msn convo we are having
Thom says
need help
Thom says
plz speak wen u get on
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
what do u need help with
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
is ur rabbit ok
thom says:
hi
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
god
thom says:
no
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
whats wriong with tit
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
&*it
thom says:
wite stuff cummin out of the eye
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
OMG
thom says:
thick stuff
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
im on it
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
lemme think
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
ok thom is there still white stuff coming out?
thom says:
i dunno
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
THIS IS AN ORDER
thom says:
u mean like all the time
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
GO AND GET YOUR RABBIT RIGHT NOW
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
RIGHT NO
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
NOW
thom says:
kk
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
GO AND GET IT AND SIT IT ON YOUR LAP
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
quick for gods sake im havin a panci attack
thom says:
the wite stuff
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
yeah
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
?
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
god sake man im panicing here
thom says:
has turned to like sleep now
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
sleep?
thom says:
that kinda thing but white
thom says:
gunk
thom says:
stuff
thom says:
should i get him checked out?
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
what was it like oozing out the eye
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
?
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
did u see it come out
thom says:
i saw it in a line runnin towands the eye
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
towards?
thom says:
yea
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
from where?
[вєccιι вαιιвєє] says:
where was it running from
thom says:
from the eye
thom says:
should i see a vet
thom says:
?
thom says:
plz answer!!!!

Bex, can you edit that so that his email doesn't show please? I'm sure a forum mod will tell you the same. Just for privacy and security reasons :rose:

Yeah I wouldnt panic if the bun is eating and pooping and acting ok, but I would get him/her to a vet. It sounds like it could just be conjunctivits or some sort of bacterial infection.

I would have a vet examine him/her to see if he needs antibiotics (orally or eye drops).

For now, tell your friend to get a warm wet cloth and gently wipe the eye off. Even holding the warm wet cloth against the eye will feel good to the bunny until he can get him/her to the vet.

Well Thom wants to take Bruce to the vet but his dad said "we don't want to waste money on vet bills, why don't you just let it die and buy a new one"
This actually broke my heart - to think someone could just say that, he agreeed to get a bun now Thom needs help becuase he can;t pay and drive the rabbit to th vet himself.
Thom is just hoping his mum will be nicer.
But yesteray he cleaned the white stuff away and any gunk - but said he hasn't eaten as much this morning, :(

Oh geeze, that is a horrible thing to say:grumpy:! Does his dad realize that even if he did what he said that you can still encounter health issues and you cannot just ignore them? Does his dad have a dog or anything? He should tell his dad what he told Thom, you just can't do that, he's teaching his son irresponsibility and zero caring or compassion for animals:grumpy:. Thom sounds like a good, caringguy:)! I hope his mom takes him. Keep us posted, hon.;)

Wow thats a horrible thing to teach your child. They obviously were ok with him getting a pet, they should help him be responsible in caring for it. Maybe he can suggest he will work off the vet bill or the gas or something? He could clean the house or mow the yard or something in return?

If the bunny has white discharge, he/she needs to see the vet. Its really cruel to deny an animal proper care. :(

Latest posts

Back