Embarrassing Ignorance Best Display

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weedflemishgiants

Reaction score
What in the world does Best Display mean at the show?

A friend of mine called me last night and said wow, Mary, that's wonderful you have 17 best displays for the national club.

Wow. That is wonderful. I have 17. I have never knowingly made a display in my life.

What in the world do I have 17 of?

Please explain Best Display and why that is wonderful to have?

I asked this question a couple of years ago when I was getting ready to go to Lionhead Nationals and I saw something that said, 'Best Display'. I wish I could find the answer.

Here is my understanding....and I'm using lionheads as an example.

If I'm showing blue lionheads and my animals take the most of the "top 10" spots in each division (junior buck, junior doe, senior buck, senior doe) - then I win the title of "Best Display" for that color. At lionhead nationals - they have "Best Display" for each color - and then "Best Display" for the overall show. So the person who has the most bunnies place in the "top 10" for all of the colors combined - wins "Best Display".

Hope that helps.

It's getting a clearer. LOL. I am still trying to get posters and promotional materials out of head. I hear best display and I think posterboard.

What you said sort of goes along with what my friend tried to explain. Something about how they stop placing after place five.

What is a mystery though, is that I only raise three colors, and I usually only take breed in two- white and fawn. My sandies are not yet anything to write home about.

And yet, Flemish have seven colors. So maybe they are doing it on age rather than color.

I don't know.

Maybe it has more to do with how many of your rabbits place that you bring? Like if you bring 6 rabbits of one breed to show and 5 of them place. It would make sense to me as it would be an award for consistent good breeding in your rabbits as opposed to that one lucky strike.

Just a guess cause I don't show at all, LOL!

Best Display is awarded to who ever gets the most points at a show.

• 1st place rabbit wins 6 points multiplied by # of rabbits in the class,
  • 2nd place rabbit wins 4 points multiplied by # of rabbits in the class,
  • 3rd place rabbit wins 3 points multiplied by # of rabbits in the class,
  • 4th place rabbit wins 2 points multiplied by # of rabbits in the class,
  • 5th place rabbit wins 1 point multiplied by # of rabbits in the class.
Plus the Best Of Breed exhibitor gets1 bonus point multiplied bythe numberof rabbits in the breed, the Best in Opposite Sex exhibitor gets 1/2 bonus point multiplied by # of rabbits in the breed. There are no bonus points for the Best of variety exhibitors.

Some breeds award the Best In Show exhibitor in an all-breed show100 bonus points and the Best in Show exhibitor in the ARBA National Convention and in the National Angora Specialty Show gets 200 bonus points. No bonus point is awarded for regular specialty show Best In Show exhibitors. All points earned in the ARBA National Convention are doubled.

Edited to add: Forgot to mention, Points (Sweepstakes Points) aretallied by which ever the National Breed Club you belong to...like the National Federation of Felmish Giant Rabbit Breeders...not ARBA.

Okay the idea is getting a little brighter in my brain.

So I don't have to have won BOB or BOV to be awarded Best Display. You are saying BOV doesn't count for Best of Display but BOB does. I think I only have three BOSB's all father daughter wins.

Because I only have something like 11 BOB's but 17 Best of Displays.

I was also told that anything past fifth place does not count in Best of Display.

Okay. Okay. I think I will just let the show secretaries count it up. This is getting too complicated for my brain.

I never look at this stuff. I look at my comment cards to see what the judge thought. And I take the legs out of the show report when it comes and that is it. I guess I better start reading them.

Okay. How is that different then from the points won win it is BOB? the points of the BOB rabbit are multiplied by all the others on the table. So for Best Display they are just multiplied by a smaller number of points- is that it?

Oh wow.. I thought it meant the rabbit had to do a powerpoint presentation with a 5 part essay read in front of the spectaroos..

spectaroos? man my spelling is getting bad.. I need some sleep!

spectaroos!! must be some sort of underoos for people with glasses..

I am a DORK!

weedflemishgiants wrote:
Okay. How is that different then from the points won win it is BOB? the points of the BOB rabbit are multiplied by all the others on the table. So for Best Display they are just multiplied by a smaller number of points- is that it?

All the points (for class placement) and BOB (if you win that) are added together. The total is what they use to get Best Display. And yeah, you should start looking at the points totals. People can make a mistake and you want your points totals correct.

Keep in mind, (especially at smaller shows), sometimes Best Display only indicates whoentered the most rabbits or that person was the only exhibitor. So it isn't a fail-safe indicator of who has the best rabbits.

(Zin, it's a DBQessay. The Powerpoint presentation has to be accompanied by a double spaced handout.)

As BlueGiants mentioned, clubs and shows may do best display points differently.

Our club, Ohio Holland Lop and the national Holland Lop club, figure display points by using multipliers for 1st through 5th place (BOB and BOS points are not used).

1st place is 6 points mulitiplied by the number of rabbits in the class.

2nd = 4 x # in class.

3rd = 3 x # in class.

4th= 2 x # in class.

5th = 1 x # in class.

For Holland Lop nationals, points for best display are awarded for 1st through 10th place.

Pam

I really thought it meant the people who had the best end aisle displays of information like clubs and pictures and posters.

So at the show before last, my daughter made me print up hand outs, and color business cards and posters.

And then she was totally disappointed when we got there and found out the people next to us had neon flashing bunnies on their grooming table. She said they would get Best of Display cause everyone was going to their spot to see the light up bunnies.

Hey, I'm just climbing the ladder of experience here. And sometimes I just look real stupid.

:great: Oh PAM! So glad to see you back again! Missed you SO much! :hugsquish:

Latest posts

Back