Elongated Bladder

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tunneyfan

Reaction score
My bunny had bladder stones removed 6 weeks ago. Yesterday the vet took an xray an noticed his bladder is now elongated. Anyone have this same issue? The vet said she was concerned and may put him on meds to contract the bladder.

If the bladder was not contracting your rabbit would most likely be incontinent . Have you noted any change in bladder habits after the surgery? or is she/he voiding normally ?
Can you tell us more re. the number and size of stones removed?

My bunny is using the litter box normally (thank god) and seems to have recovered from surgery. He had 2 stones removed from his bladder and one passed into his urethra and came out a couple of days after surgery. I took him to the vet this weekend because I noticed some chalky stuff in his urine. The vet that did the surgery said it was normal. I wanted a second opinion to I took him to a different vet. The x-ray showed no stones or sludge but she said his bladder was not round but kind of stretched out. The vet did a urine culture so now I'm waiting for the results. If he's okay she said she want to try meds to contract the bladder. She put him on fluids every other day to make sure he's hydrated enough and sludge doesn't form. So far he's urinating fine. I hope the vet that did the surgery didn't do something to mess up his bladder.

I don't know what would cause the change in the shape of the bladder but if he is peeing OK , doesn't have an infection and has no sludge or stones on Xray then it probably is not serious.
This is an uneducated guess :)but just seems to make sense

I agree. Just keep an eye out for sludge, blood, or incontinence.

Latest posts

Back