Ello :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitis3334

Reaction score
Ello :) I just joined and I look forward to meeting some new people and their bunny friends! On February 3rd I brought home 2 Flemish Giant babies. They are only 7 weeks old now. They are both male, both a brownish color, sort of a wild rabbit look to their color. I joined here to learn more about rabbits. I have been reading a lot about proper care, but figured sometimes it is best to talk to people rather then reading old information that has been sitting on a webpage since 2004, there is always new approaches to raising animals. When I was a kid my sister and I had rabbits growing up, but my dad would only allow them to stay outside or in the basement, so this is a bit of a new experience having them in my bedroom.

I've been wanting a Flemish Giant for a while now, contacted a few breeders that were over 2 hours away and I planned on waiting till next month when I get my tax return, but I stopped in a pet store and was so surprised when I saw these 2 boys that I knew I wanted them :) So for now their home is an XL dog crate which was the best I could do on short term notice. The pet store wanted $90 for a cage that would probably make a good home for 1 guinea pig. Next month I'm considering buying a dog kennel and putting it in my bedroom. It is a 4' x 8' x 6' kennel and I want to build shelves and ramps in it. But I'll get more into this somewhere else in the forums ;)

In addition to my bunny boys I have 3 dogs and 4 cats, and a Conure. I live in NC, near the Virginia line. I'm sort of near the mountains, so it makes a nice trip for me and the dogs come the spring and fall.

Well anyway, hope to meet everyone soon :) And incase you haven't noticed, I have a bad habit of throwing smilies at the end of about 1/4 sentences without even thinking about it :biggrin:
2132011120.jpg

2132011120.jpg
2132011120.jpg

Welcome to rabbits online! Your boys are very cute :) Oh their color is said to be sandy in flemish lingo. Hope you enjoy your stay and get plenty of information

Welcome to the forum, It's great to have you with us :) Can't wait to see more pics of your Buns :)

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunny's recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

Very cute flemmies, I show black flemish giants. The best breed in my opinion. There are many designs for bunny cages using NIC panels, the wire cubes for storage racks. If you decide to go with NIC cubles, be sure you get the ones with 1 1/2 inch squares and not the 3 inch squares. The smaller ones prevent the bunny's getting their heads stuck.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Welcome to RO. This place is the best place to get info. Everyone is friendly to each other and we are always happy to provide any help we can give.

Latest posts

Back