Elf's New Palace!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woops, I thought Ianswered this one. I must've started and not gotten finished with it orsomething.

The carpet I bought at Home Depot. It wasa roll in one of the bins. There's enough of it so that I can replacethe carpet in her cage if it gets soiled. We power-stapled it down tothe 1/4" plywood that we put on the shelves and base of the cage. Weused the shelving squares to make the base and the shelves. We putholes in the wood and zip tied them to the shelving.

:D

I'm going to go today to buy some. Do you need acontainerstyle basefor the bottom, something thatwill hold things in, or is just a flatbase working?We put Mr. Wiggles on the floor for right now, but he seems to bepeeing and pooping everwhere, not picking a corner like I thought theydid.

Megan

Awesome cage! That is the same size as ours, 3cubes across, 3 high and 2 deep. Wasn't it super easy to make?! Weactually used the connectors that came with the grids and then zip tiedthem at every corner too. It is really sturdy. Good job!! Elf looks sohappy.

Elf Mommy and Junior n Sweetpea,

I kept the photo handy too when I did ours. The first time I did it Icable tied it all together but I was doing it on my own, I didn' t likehow flexible it was, so when my husband got home he helped me rebuildit using the connectors. That was a little bit more tricky, and moredifficult, but I'm happier with the way that it's all so sturdy.

It also helped me place the shelves, and I really liked how the shelvesadded even more strength and stability to it. I just bought my carpettonight so as soon as I get my tushy off the computer I'm going to gocarpet it. I was using a sheet temporarily to give him some traction.

Beckie,

Here's a link for a zip tie (hope it works), you probably know them ascable ties or maybe plastic tie. Sometimes they're called zip tiesbecause they make a sound like a zipper when you tighten them, Iusually call them zip ties so people know exactly what kind of cabletie I want, otherwise they may think of the number of other gadgets youcan tie cables together with.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc%2fsearchResults.jsp&BV_SessionID=@@@@1389881348.1089773811@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccgadclmkdldmicgelceffdfgidgnj.0&MID=9876

Megan

*no that link didn't work, if you want to see them do a search for cable ties on that home depot website, that should work :)

Latest posts

Back