elderly rabbits teeth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brent

Reaction score
Watch your older rabbits teeth. Hip Hop is 12 and never had any problems with his teeth but I took him to the vet today and she said they were over grown and were causing him problems. They just called me and said that the procedure to trim them went fine! I'll pick him up tomorrow after work. It's not just the front ones but also their back teeth you have to watch. Make sure you see a vet that's good with rabbits. Brent

With Babbitty, he was fine until he hit about 5 years old, now we go in every 3 weeks for trims. Buns can be unpredictable, hence why it is so important to watch their food intake and weight.

not only her molars but been having to get the fronts done the last 2 visits, so when she has trouble eating prior to taking her into the vet I soak her food in water and mush it up for her, I did that for a month back in April for her so she could eat after we had her teeth worked on, so now she is slowly putting the weight back on, she has been very active, let her out last night when I got home, she was following me around chinning my shins last night while I was tending to my 3 other Buns, Spike, Peter and Lilly The 2nd

Latest posts

Back