Effie & Elliot

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elliot

& Carole
Reaction score
:heartsEffie
neweffiepics002.jpg

neweffiepics003.jpg

:heartsElliot
neweffiepics005.jpg

neweffiepics006.jpg

neweffiepics007.jpg

neweffiepics008.jpg

They are soooooooooo adorable together! Did you email the pics to Kathy? I know that she would love to have them and also post them on our Hoppy Tails page. Haha....Effie looks enormous compared to Elliot.

I will e-mail the pics. Thanks. If you look at the pic of them both sitting up, she really isn't that much bigger. In the last pics, she is pretty stretched out. I was petting them,and had them blocked from hiding in their box...so she might have been a little po'd.:biggrin2:

Elliot and Effie look so good together.

Congratulations on pairing these two up! Hoping they have a long, happy life together with their Bunny Mom!

Hope you post more pics!

K:)

I am sad to report that things did not work out between Effie and Elliot.:( She was being very aggressive towards him. Pulling his fur out. She would stomp at me...she took over the hide box, and would pull all the treats from his mouth. I met the woman from the rescue halfway yesterday and returned her, along with a small donation, to the rescue. The woman from the rescue told me we should not have had her in Elliot's territory. That may have caused the upset between them. I wish I had known this before. We could have set something up. I feel like a failure for Effie.:( I hope she can find a wonderful home where she is loved, and she will be happy.

oh no thats a shame, it's a pity you didnt have someone to help out but i suppose its like humans, some bunnies are just never meant to stay friends.

Thanks. I really believed they were going to be ok together. I just hope he isn't too traumatized. She ripped him up pretty good on the back end.

So sorry it didn't work out. It does happen once a new bunny settles into the routine, you really find what they are all about.

Poor Elliot. If you ever try again with a girlfriend, I'd be really cautious. He may not be physcially traumatized, but it might be really hard to bond him to another after this experience.

So sorry it didn't work.

Thanks Melissa and Karen. Thanks for the tips too Karen. He seems to be just fine today. Back to his old self, with perhaps just a bit more being in his hidey box. She was keeping him out though, so he is probably glad to have use of it again..:upsidedown:

Elliot wrote:
Thanks Melissa and Karen. Thanks for the tips too Karen. He seems to be just fine today. Back to his old self, with perhaps just a bit more being in his hidey box. She was keeping him out though, so he is probably glad to have use of it again..:upsidedown:
Yea, Dobby and Kreacher, after their fight were a bit out of sorts. I'm glad he has his hidey box back. It will help him a lot. Helped my boys. He needs to find his secure back in his home. He's sounds like he's fine and will be coming around in time.

Nothing damaged that your TLC can't fix.

Thank you again Karen.He is once again calm like he was. When Effie was here, he was very unsettled and would run laps around his cage, like now when I get up early...and they would hear me on the computer. I keep half of the cage covered so the light does not bother him. Is it possible that he could like any bunny younger than him? ie: if I were to buy a baby?
(I would much rather adopt)

Elliot wrote:
Thank you again Karen.He is once again calm like he was. When Effie was here, he was very unsettled and would run laps around his cage, like now when I get up early...and they would hear me on the computer. I keep half of the cage covered so the light does not bother him. Is it possible that he could like any bunny younger than him? ie: if I were to buy a baby?
(I would much rather adopt)
Give him time to settle, which it sounds like he is doing. If it was me, I'd try the bunny dating again. Better for the bunny to choose their companion. But when he chooses someone, just make sure you introduce real slowly. Have a temp crate for the newbie right next to his and then slowly introduce. That's what I'm getting from reading all these threads about bonding, it takes a while for the bond to take with some. I don't think you need to buy a baby, but maybe a younger bun than Elliot.

Latest posts

Back