EDMONTON: Oxbow for less!! :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
HEY GUYS!!

After much searching, and calling around, we finally found a way to get 10lb bags of Oxbow Bunny Basics T for $14.95 and 10lb bags of 15/23 for $12.00!!! That's about $10 less than anywhere else we've found!! Here's the place:

G & E Pharmacy Ltd.
7326 - 82 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T6B 0G2
780-469-7667

It's something you have to order, and they ask that you pay at least 50% of the cost when putting in the order...but it's WONDERFUL! Right now, there's about a three week wait before they put out another order, but you can get as many bags as you want, and once they order, it just takes a couple/few days for the order to come in, and they call to let you know it's there.

Something else: they also have flakes of hay for $7.50, and 35lb bags of ABM for $10.50!! They have LOADS of things for buns there, including things like Quik Stop (for when trimming nails, if you accidentally hit the quick). I'm sure in time we'll figure out just what else the place has to offer. How wonderful!

So, you can pretty much get all the basics in one spot, for a good price! :D

YAYYYY!!!

We were concerned that we were going to run out of pellet food, and/or have to change them over to something cheaper (we were going to go to Kaytee Timothy Complete), but it turns out we'll be able to keep them on the same food, and for just $5 more than we were paying in the States! YAY!

maherwoman wrote:
G & E Pharmacy Ltd.
7326 - 82 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T6B 0G2
780-469-7667
So, you can pretty much get all the basics in one spot, for a good price! :D
That's where I was going to take you when I had the chance. I get all my stuff from there. I checked about Oxbow before, but they didn't want to bring it inat that time. I'm glad they changed their minds because they are the best place in Edmonton to get supplies from.

Oh yay! That's so funny that it was the same place you wanted to show me!

The lady at G & E (can't remember her name) said that they'd had another place they'd ordered from in the past, but they decided to stop ordering from them. They now have found a place in Ontario, and started ordering Oxbow from them instead. I'm not surprised that they discontinued ordering from the more local place (a place in Calgary)...every place we called that was recommended by that distributor said that they no longer ordered from them, hadn't in some time, and wouldn't again. :?

Turns out, my FIL knows a guy that either owns G & E, or has something to do with the ordering. He calls the guy "Sig"...I'm not sure what the guy's actual full name is. :)

BUT...we found our kitties' food there, too. It can be a hard-to-find food, so I'm happy we found it!

Great place...and really nice people there, too! :D

It's compressed wood pellet litter (like Woody Pet or Feline Pine). It's a great thing to use for bunny litter! :)

It's also used for horse stalls...but totally safe to use with buns. :)

Oooh I see, thanks!
We buy wood pellets from a hardware store (Rona).
They come in 40 lb bags and cost roughly $6 each (don't quote me on that though. It's been a while since I've been there so the price may have increased).

LOL!! I just responded to it there, too! It must be good information, with two people posting it at one time! LOL! :D

Okay, okay! I'll go!! LOL!! :laughsmiley:

Hey Stan how much of the wood pellets do you put in the litter box?

Rosie taht is a really good price for Oxbow pellets. Gosh it's about $5 or $6 more here in Ontario, that's why I buy the 50 pound bag for about $75.00.

Susan :)

SOOOSKA wrote:
Hey Stan how much of the wood pellets do you put in the litter box?

Just one layer to cover the bottom, and then the screen goes on top.
If I put too much in, the screen get pushed up when the pellets swell up. :laughsmiley:

Latest posts

Back