Ebony isnt eating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michaela

Reaction score
Hi, went I went out to feed Ebony earlier, she didnt come running over like normal, and when I lifted her she felt a bit limp, so I brought her inside. She hasn't ate or pooped since she came in, but has taken a tiny drink. She is quite fussy normally, but will readily eat the things she likes (hay isn't one of those things).

The last time a rabbit wouldnt eat for me was when Pebble died, I cant do this again.

Please keep her in your thoughts. :tears2:

Have you tried some of her favorite treats? Is she drinking lots of water? How hot has it been outside?

I'm praying...

Peg

Hi thanks Peg. :hug:

Yes she has drank a bit of water since shes been in, not a huge amount, but then she never does drink a lot of water. I have tried everything with her, treats, even a plain biscuit and she won't try it, keeps running away (shes quite alert, and no problems getting around) and hiding on me.

Its been cold here, so definitely not to do with being too hot.

Is she sheeding? What about her teeth are they healthy? She if she is drooling.

Michaela wrote:
Hi thanks Peg. :hug:

Yes she has drank a bit of water since shes been in, not a huge amount, but then she never does drink a lot of water. I have tried everything with her, treats, even a plain biscuit and she won't try it, keeps running away (shes quite alert, and no problems getting around) and hiding on me.

Its been cold here, so definitely not to do with being too hot.

Shedding? Yes, she is, Im worried it may be a hair blockage. :(

But no, her teeth are good, shes not drooling. Shes always been a very healthy girl, Ive never seen her ill. Its midnight here, theyve given me a lot of suggestions over on RU, Keep us in your thoughts, I have a feeling it wont be good. :tears2::tears2:

:pray:

I'llbe praying for Ebony, I hope she'll be ok... I don't have much advice to give I'm sorry, but I'm sure you'll get some good advice here.

You're in my thoughts tonight :hug:

Jen xx

Try watering down some of her pelets, she might prefer those when she has a tummy ache. You might have to do a bunny burito (put her in a towel) and forse feed her some critical care, or very watered down pelets, along with getting some water in her.

:pray::pray:

Just a thought, has there been any sudden change in the weather? my bunnies sometimes don't feel like eating much when the temp. drops suddenly. molting can make them act a little "off", too.

Praying and thinking of Ebony and you.:hug:

Radar acted like that when he had a celery string caught in his teeth (or thoat). Sekura was like that when she had a mouthful of hair. Neither drooled.

(FTR, Pipp doesn't drool with her spurs, but Ebony is unlikely to be prone to spurs).

Dill runs away when he has gas.

It could be anything.:sigh:

Hopefully nothing serious and all will be normal tomorrow.

sas :pray:

Thanks for all of your prayers everyone. :hug:

She's still with us, and she has ate a bit and pooped a bit! I really thought I'd lost her at one stage in the night, I didn't sleep much. There isn't a huge amount of poops, and they're a bit soft, but better than nothing, :) she ate some celery, parsley and hay, and she never stopped drinking. We're not out of the woods yet but were going the right way I think.

I thought it was Pebble all over again. :tears2:

I am suspecting gas, I heard a few noises from her tummy. I spent a long time giving her tummy rubs, someone on RU advised raising her back legs a little on to my knee and rubbing her that way, as it helps pass any gas, she seemed to enjoy it at least even if it didn't do any good. And I kept her active, I made her run up and down the stairs a lot, she looked really uncomfortable but I was told it would help.

Kelly - hmm, it has been unseasonally cold here (some people had a white easter :shock:) so it may be that.

Omg Michaela - I just spotted this. My heart was in my mouth reading down the page, you know how much I love Ebony!:tears2:

How is she doing now? You seem to have gotten some good advice so just keep at it and if she stops eatingbe ready to syringe feed her - it's important to keep her guts moving.I'm just a text away if you need me, ok?:hug:

Sending lots and lots of prayers/vibes/thoughts/hugs.:pray::pray::pray:

Thanks Jess! :hug::hug: Means a lot to me!

She's a lot better now, still not pooping or eating as much as normal, but more than last night! I think/hope we're over the worst of it *touch wood*.

She's really active though, thank God! She was running around and binkying around the garden for an hour before, was just great to see. And she's not laying uncomfortably, grinding her teeth or anything like that, being her normal self mostly. :)

But I have syinges ready, and will whip up a pellet paste in a jiffy if I have to.

Michaela...really happy to hear that Ebony is doing better....we'll keep her and you in our prayers. We had a white Easter here in Pennsylvania, btw....snowed about 4 inches the day before....good grief! Noserubs to Ebony and {{HUGS}} to her momma for taking such good care of her!

Aww, I'm glad to hear she's doing better! Binkies are surely a good sign!:)

Are you being allowed to keep her indoors still while she's feeling poorly?

Keep getting better Ebony! Lots of noserubs to you! :hug:

Jen xx

Latest posts

Back