Ebay...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkandell11

Reaction score
is it safe? has anyone ever had somethin go wrong with it?
should i get a rabbit cage from ebay too?

I buy from eBay all the time. I actually have two rabbit runs that I've purchased from eBay and I'm happy with them, for what they are.

Make sure you check the feedback to see its good. If they do have some negatives hunt them out and read them. Sometimes you can see its the people who leave negative because they got moody about something silly.

eBay is very safe for buyers. eBay barely ever goes with sellers when there is a dispute. The buyer nearly always gets their money back even if they are in the wrong.

I have bought and sold many things on eBay and my parents run a jewellery business with a large eBay shop.

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

I only had a problem once, and it was my bad…I was a newbie and accidentallytyped inone zero too many, seconds before the auction ended. Wound up with a winning bid of over $100 on an item that was only worth half that (whoever had bid before me must've placed a high ceiling on theirs). Thankfully the seller was extremely understanding and the second bidder was offered the item instead. (One learns quickly from their mistakes, lol)

I've been a buyer for many years on ebay, never run into any problems. Just watch your bids (don’t' make my mistake) and make sure you read all of the details the seller has before placing any bids. (Things to watch for: restrictions on who they accept bids from, payment methods, shipping costs (in some cases shipping costs will be much higher than the value of the item), condition of item for sale, etc.). Also keep in mind any duty or customs taxes if the item is coming from another country. And check sellers' feedback...while most sellers are very upfront and honest, unfortunately there are a few that have reputations, and should be avoided.

Other than that, happy bidding!!

:bunny18

First time buyer.

Just signed on with eBay and placed a bid for a Furminator.
In the last minute, someone outbid me. :(

Tried it again on another Furminator. This time no one else bidded and I won! :faint:
I got myself a Furminator for $16.95 :bunnydance:

Shipping costs is another story. :?

Pet_Bunny wrote:
:bunny18

First time buyer.

Just signed on with eBay and placed a bid for a Furminator.
In the last minute, someone outbid me. :(

Tried it again on another Furminator. This time no one else bidded and I won! :faint:
I got myself a Furminator for $16.95 :bunnydance:

Shipping costs is another story. :?

Congrats on your furminator Stan! You wont look back :cool:

That's why I tend to only go for 'Buy it now' auctions, because I'm tooo impatient and can't stand the uncertainty! Lol.

I've used Ebay for the past 4 years or so, and never had any problems with it at all. Just remember to look at all the feedback, make sure it's good, although most sellers are at 99% or more anyway from what I've found. If you have any questions about the item, better to ask and get an answer before you bid- rather than have an item arrive that's not what you thought it was. Also, if you're buying more than one item from a seller, never be afraid to PM them and ask if they can combine postage! They can only say no! :D

The only problems I've ever had are buying memory cards. They are almost always fake if they're dirt cheap. Although I have bought a few fake ones that have worked perfectly well. I think it's just common sense really though!

Happy bidding! :biggrin2:

mouse_chalk wrote:
Congrats on your furminator Stan! You wont look back
Thanks Jen! I knew I would get one no matter what. I had a chance to try the ShredEnder, a Furbuster and the Furminator. I found the Furminator works the best.

The winning bid was $16.95, shipping and handling is $10.00 stills works out cheaper if I bought it locally. Petsmart at our place charges $43.00 for the small blue Furminator. :shock:

Pet_Bunny wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
Congrats on your furminator Stan! You wont look back
Thanks Jen! I knew I would get one no matter what. I had a chance to try the ShredEnder, a Furbuster and the Furminator. I found the Furminator works the best.

The winning bid was $16.95, shipping and handling is $10.00 stills works out cheaper if I bought it locally. Petsmart at our place charges $43.00 for the small blue Furminator. :shock:
Including shipping and handling, you still paid half what we did for our furminator!!!! Stupid English prices! :shock::shock:

mouse_chalk wrote:
you still paid half what we did for our furminator!!!! Stupid English prices! :shock::shock:
No matter how much it costed, the Furminator is worth it! :D

Now I have to see how long it takes for me to get it. :ponder:

Pet_Bunny wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
you still paid half what we did for our furminator!!!! Stupid English prices! :shock::shock:
No matter how much it costed, the Furminator is worth it! :D

Now I have to see how long it takes for me to get it. :ponder:
You watch, once you get it, you'll not see any molting buns for a while! We haven't! It's sort of like a molting preventer as well as cure! :p

I got an email from eBay after I lost the bid on the first Furminator. It was a second chance to buy the item I recently lost. The seller offered me to buy the item (furminator) at the same price I had my bid. That means the person who won it,didn't want the item or the seller had more of them to sell. Good thing I didn't get into a bidding war.

I turned it down because I already bought the Furminator off another site.

Do you guys get second chance offers after losing an Ebay bid?

You can only get a second chance offer if something happens with the highest bidder, usually that they don't pay. I don't think they are allowed to offer second chance offers just because they have more of the item. eBay would lose out on the fees.

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

I've never had a second chance offer myself, but I have offered one! I sold my old laptop on Ebay about 2 years ago, and the person that won the auction messaged me from a fake email address, going on about sending me the money by some money transfer company, from Nigeria? I can't remember the details exactly now, but he was offering much more money than the auction cost, but would send it once the laptop had been posted. LOL. Yeah, like I'm falling for that!:p

Anyway, it had dodgy written all over it, so I contacted Ebay, told them it was a fake, completely ignored the scammer, and emailed the next highest bidder (who luckily was only about £10 different). I explained that it had been a scam, and did he want the laptop for his bid, and he accepted! Ebay refunded my listing fees too.

I think that instances like those are few and far between, but if you use your common sense you can pick them out. When I sell stuff, I specify that I will only take PayPal or bank transfer, and never, never post the stuff until you've got the money lol!! ;)

[align=left]eBay sent this message to (pet_bunny).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.

Lucky you. Here's a second chance to buy the item you recently lost.

iconAlert_32x32.gif

You can be sure a Second Chance Offer is legitimate when you see it in My Messages with the subject line, "You have a second chance offer". If it is not, it's fake. Do not respond to the sender or complete the transaction. Outside of eBay offers may be fraudulent and not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn more

Lucky you! The seller has offered you a second chance to buy this item. The second time can be a charm.[/align]

[align=left]FURminator Small Blue Dog DeShedding Tool Brush Rake 2"

Current price:

US $16.95

Buy It Now price:

US $16.95
bin_15x54.gif

Shipping:
US $4.99

Expiration Time:
01-Oct-08 18:24:07 EDT[/align]

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Do you guys get second chance offers after losing an Ebay bid?

Yes, but be careful.

I bought on a second chance offer for the ammount I bid..

Turns out the seller had more of the same items available withthe "buy it now" option - cheaper than I purchased with the second chance option.

Received my Furminator today. :)

Took 7 - 8 days for international shipping (US to Canada). The product is brand new in the sealed plastic bubble package.

j5jvib.jpg

Very pleased with the transaction and gave the seller a positive feedback. :biggrin2:

i just got a Nabaztag/tag rabbit on ebay. i got it in two days! i got it for half the price of a new one. i must say, i keep checking ebay every once in a while now...

hope that furminator works out well for you! after pebbles and bebe are furminated, methinks there should be a photo shoot....:biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back