eating less hay but poops same

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odyssey~

Reaction score
hi!

about 2 days ago i noticed that Odyssey's hay bag was still full from the morning (it was night) which is odd since usually it's about 1/3 gone by then. yesterday she didn't eat much either, and today so far not so much again.

i have been giving her about a handful of treat hay every night but i normally do this so i don't think that's setting it off. and she eats the treat hay perfectly fine.

she still eats her veggies and everything else the same, and she has been pooping a normal amount.

i was thinking that the hay might just not be as fresh or something? i don't know though as i still change it around and fill it twice a day even though she doesn't finish it all and she's been eating from the same half-bale of hay for a while now.

does anyone have any thoughts on this?

thanks!

Are you certain the poop amount and size is the same? If there actually is a reduction in food consumption, there's no way it won't affect a rabbits poop size or amount.

Are you certain the poop amount and size is the same? If there actually is a reduction in food consumption, there's no way it won't affect a rabbits poop size or amount.
Yea, it's the same. She likes to bury her poop under the litter sometimes (idk why) so I checked and it's a normal amount, and they're not any different than usual

Back