Quantcast

Eating house plants

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Tatahas

Reaction score
Guys we have house plants in the living room, she knows that she isn’t supposed to go to that area, and she never goes near the plants. Today i was studying and she suddenly disappeared, I looked for her and found her eating the plants. Is that okay?

Nuage

Reaction score
What kind of plants? Some plants are safe, others aren't. If they are unsafe, put them were she can't eat them. Listed at the bottom is a list of toxic house plants.
Monitor her eating habits and poop. If she doesn't eat normally than take her to an exotic vet that has handled rabbits before. Make sure poop isn't liquid, or not her normal poop.

House Rabbit Society's List of Toxic House Plant

Tatahas

Reaction score
Take a picture of it off Bing
Identify what it is (tells you)

Look at Poisonous Plants | House Rabbit Society
if it’s toxic go to your vet

Also go to your vet if plant was sprayed with pest side or fertilizer

View attachment 51080
View attachment 51081
What kind of plants? Some plants are safe, others aren't. If they are unsafe, put them were she can't eat them. Listed at the bottom is a list of toxic house plants.
Monitor her eating habits and poop. If she doesn't eat normally than take her to an exotic vet that has handled rabbits before. Make sure poop isn't liquid, or not her normal poop.

House Rabbit Society's List of Toxic House Plant
What kind of plants? Pull down that list off HRS immediately. How is she acting?
I saw the links but I don’t think I see it. She is eating and playing, and sneaking in to eat the plants every two minutes, when i say no! She turns her face and acts like she isn’t doing anything. I’ll post the pictures just incase.

Attachments

Mariam+Theo

Reaction score
If you didn't see any of the plants on the HRS poisonous plant list, she is probably safe. Check out these two links just to be safe though:

If she starts showing any signs of pain (tooth grinding, pressing belly to the floor, not active, not wanting to eat) take her to the vet ASAP.

Latest posts