eating habits (summer)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My older rabbitsdont eat much during theday they just pick soto speak , but come night time w henits cooled down they happilymunch away , Now the babies on theother hand eat constantly, Im thinking the heat is effecting themnearly as much as the older ones .

thats ace i figured they were probably like usin that respect our baby bun eats like normal and they have full bowlsat night and empty ones in the morning or stil have a bit of food left.

Before the heat they used to eat in the morning and have empty bowls at night.

They seem to prefer ther cold wet water cress alot more in this heat bless them but i was a bit concerned.

Thanks

Very Understandable , theminute one of these guys slows downon eating I am on them likea fly on stink lol I have o neprone to stasis every weatherchange and he has tobe watched like a hawk , whenhe goes off eatingits anything and everythhing Ican think of to gethim eating again . any coldleafy greens are good when thetemperatures get this hot : helpfullHint : put it incold water to absorb as much water as it can, that way your sure they are getting plentyof fluids .

gypsy just read ur reply that is excellentadvice. they still arent eating a full bowl but im hoping its cos theregetting a bit older and not needing it as much as a babybunny. not sure i am feeding them the correct mix now though.

At the moment we are feeding them junior/dwarf rabbit nuggets but imwondering if a mini lop is the same as a dwarf or should i move them onto the adult nuggets?

Its all very confusing.

I'm not sure if I understand. AreHetti and Jack still being fed the junior pellets? Theyshould be on adult food. Scamp, if I recall, is only 3months. She should be on young rabbit food until she's 6months or so.

its a mix that is designed for junior and dwarf rabbits as mine are mini lops are they classed as dwarf?

No, but I don't see how adult dwarfs and youngrabbits need the same nutrition. Sounds kind ofweird. Essentially, Scamp should be eating alfalfa pelletswith no more than 16% protein and at least 18% fiber. Adultsare usually fed timothy pellets or alfalfa pellets with a little lessprotein and calcium less than 1%. I'm not sure how rabbitfood is packaged in the UK, though.

Latest posts

Back