eating fecals

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~*sAbRiNa*~

Reaction score
In the last week I have noticed Sabrina eating fecals 3 times. She seems like she is going in to eat a cecal and some pellets are left behind on the floor that look like regular fecal pellets. She then turns around and eats them. She does not eat them out of her litter box, just when she is having a cecal "meal". Should I be worried? I have not noticed this behavior before.

A friend of mine that owns Hamilton's mother told me that it's actually normal. Some of their feces (the soft/ wet ones) still have nutritional value, so they eat them and reprocess the nutrients.

If I recall correctly, dogs and elephants sometimes do the same.

I don't think it would pose much of an issue if it is a once in a while thing and they don't have worms or something. If they were eating all the poops, then that could be an issue. With worms or other parasites, it may become an issue especially if you are trying to get rid of them.

dont worry. its completely normal.shes prob eATING CECAL POOP. ITS FUL OF NUTRIENTS SO ITS GOOD FOR HER. MINE DOES IT TOO....srry caps

Latest posts

Back