Easy way to build a ramp?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Reaction score
Im stumped on how to make one. Basically, I have a large cage with no side door, so I plan to remove the wires roof alltogether and attach the base of the cage to some storage cubes I bought. THe thing is my bunnies are still babies, so the wall of the base of the cage is too high for them to climb over safely. Does anyone have and techniques? Thanks!

Hi,

We built a ramp with plywood and covered it with carpet. We put two hooks at one end that we attacth to the cage so our little Daisy Mae can riun up & down the ramp.

Soooska:apollo:

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a ramp, but I used boxes (shorter getting taller) and taped/glued together to make kind of a staircase. Then I covered the whole thing with cloth.

Depending how high you want to make your ramp....

My idea would take one of these log rolls and straighten it for your ramp.
They come in different sizes and bend to whatever shape you want.

Rainbows! :)

SOOOSKA wrote:
Hi,

We built a ramp with plywood and covered it with carpet.
Soooska:apollo:

:yeahthat's what we did.

Some of our cages are a couple of feet off the floor. It took the buns a while to get accoustomed to, but then they were zooming up and down the ramp like little maniacs.

Depending on how tall you need to make it, you could build one out of NIC panels, with a dowel secured underneath to straighten and strengthen...and you could buy a few straw mats and secure them to it so they don't have problems with their little feet going through the holes. :) You could also purchase pegboard, and have them cut it to fit on the ramp. Pegboard is cheap, has a rough underside that's great for traction, has holes in it, so it's easy to attach to NIC panels, and it's made of compressed wood, so if they chew it a bit, it's not a problem. :)

You're welcome!! Let us know how it turns out! :)

Latest posts

Back