Easter gifts for rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandomWiktor

Critter Keeper
Reaction score
I posted in my blog (see profile for link)about a new tradition I'm kicking off at my menagerie of giving my rabbits and chickens some extra TLC on easter since their kind normally suffers on this day in the hands of irresponsible impulse-buyers. I was just wondering if anyone else does something special for their buns on easter, and if yes, what?

My guys got food treats and some toys. Steve's rabbits each got a big basket full of new toys from me since they were out of old ones. I also sponsored a bunny :)

Aww, that's a sweet idea!

My guys didn't get anything. I couldn't even get them more veggies for the week as the grocery store closed at 3:00. Who knew they closed for Easter? haha

I am buying toys this thursday, but because they need them :p

I do give Valentines, birthday, and Christmas gifts though!

What a wonderful new tradition, Ren! Birthdays and Christmas I also do something special. I usually don't do anything extra special for Easter, besides a photo shoot. Though now I feel like I should think of something! I do have an idea now, hehe. Bunny Easter egg hunt! I bought a bunch of fake eggs that you put candy in at the dollar store. Instead of candy I will put parsley inside with a strand sticking out to pick up the smell. I'm gonna hide them around then let the bunnies search! When they find one I will open it for them to eat.

:bunnydance:

I saw some videos on youtube with the Easter Egg Hunt for bunnies :)

I didn't give my bunnies anything much extra, except some treats :)

I don't really do anything special for any holiday outside of Christmas and Birthdays, but I do LOVE the idea of sponsoring a shelter/rescue bunny on Easter and I am definitely doing that next year :D.

I cuddled with one of my rabbits. :) He came out of his cage and sat on my lap for a couple of minutes, and enjoyed some nose rubs. So did another one of my bucks.

I don't really give them "gifts" as in presents, lol. But I definitely do pet them and talk to them, and tell them how lucky they are to be with me! lol.

Emily

I think we should get them all humans. :) A reverse Easter campaign -- every Easter, a give humanless bunnies a human.

(Frankly I think the no-adoptions policy at Easter is ridiculous, its an awesome 'hook' and should be milked for all its worth. As long as its an 'adoption' and not a 'sale' with an application process, educational material provided, every home carefully screened and monitored and a 'no questions asked' mandatory return policy good for the life of the rabbit, I fail to see any downside at all to bunnies as Easter 'gifts'. But that's another topic).

sas :twocents

I give all my animals stuff for Christmas!! And the dogs get a nice homemade dinner for their birthday..

They get stuff for x mas and birthdays.

Mine are spoiled year around. So they really only get a special treat maybe.

Our bunny got an edible basket full of yummy treats and chew toys for Easter. I have to admit that it was more for the amusement of my 7 year old daughter, but Shadow will continue to get presents for Easter and all year round!

Back