Earwig infestation!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaiya

Allison
Reaction score
We have TONS of earwigs where we live (and they're my duck's fav snack!), and they love to get into EVERYTHING! Including the hose head and the straw bale.

They have also managed to find a way into the black bin that I keep the rabbits pellets and hay in. One morning I lifted up the lid, and saw about a dozen earwigs dart under the hay to hide. I also saw one in the pellets, but that was the only one in there. I tried to scoop him out, but he was gone. I took the bag of hay and held it upside down while holding the hay through the plastic. The earwigs started falling out and Lizzie (the duck) had a feast! I set the hay aside, pulled out the bag of pellets, set that aside, and dumped out the bin. There must have been like three dozen earwigs that came out of there!

So is this OK? Would the earwigs harm the hay or pellets? I'm guessing not, but better to be safe than sorry!

Thanks!

Replace the hay and pellets :< A couple bugs probably won't harm the food but you don't want dozens in it. You're going to need to find a new way to keep the hay/food. My guess is you have a barn or something? Try getting an old aquarium off classifieds and sealing the hay and food in there with flat slate/tinfoil.

Latest posts

Back