EarthQuake?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally slept through it. My OH on the other hand woke up and thought one of the cats was licking itself hard enough to shake the bed, so he kicked the off and went back to sleep XD

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Earthquakes are scary! Brandy, I'm glad everyone (including the pets) are okay. You should consider anchoring your TV somehow so it doesn't fall over. It could kill Sparky or your nephew if it fell on them :(

It was on it's stand that it comes with when you buy a TV.
But, some peoples TV's fell off the brackets on their walls.. either way, it's going to fall I guess, atleast this way it was closer to the ground

kirbyultra wrote:
Wow I saw on tv that it was near the border! Many NYers felt it too. None down in southern state NY though. Whew. Hope everything's ok up there.
I sent my friend a message on msn, who lives in NY and I asked him if he felt the quake.
He said he didn't (he's close to the canadian border).
It's weird, some people feel it and some dont.

We have our TV's secured with that heavy duty velcro stuff (made for earthquakes) Our water heater tied down, valuables secured with earthquake putty... totally prepared.
I remember when I moved into my dorm at college freshman year, the mirror was above my bed. My first thought was, that's going to fall on my head in the earthquake, then I realized they don't have earthquakes there.

I was only 3 1/2 in the 1994 earthquake, and my biggest memory of it was coming downstairs and seeing the chocolate ice cream on the floor because the freezer had swung open. Never mind the broken glass and such - it's the ice cream that causes true terror.

Latest posts

Back