Ears

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Critter girl

Reaction score
So Leroy is a lion head bunny and he has floppy ears but is it common that they put their ears up? He will go around with one ear up sometimes and we say it is his ornery ear cause he only does it when he is hyper but do other bunnies do it to when they are hyper or is mine the only one who does it?🧐

Personally I don't have experience with lop-eared rabbits, but standing up/engaging ear muscles is going to happen naturally when rabbits are energetic/want to be more alert of their environment, just like you'd see in dogs. Also, if your rabbit is younger, he may be in the "helicopter ear" stage, where the ears are not yet completely "lopped", but are getting there.

Thank you for telling me this. And yes my rabbit is young I just got him last Monday sadly tho I don’t know how old he is I am thinking about 8 weeks . Thanks for that very helpful snippet of info . 🙂

when you mean he has floppy ears, does that mean he's a lionlop? Is he the one in your picture? I had a bun like him before but he never got to put his ears up 😆 only half of half way up. My holland lop though can put his ears up, found out he has a non lop gene. So possible that your bun is a mixed breed :)

when you mean he has floppy ears, does that mean he's a lionlop? Is he the one in your picture? I had a bun like him before but he never got to put his ears up 😆 only half of half way up. My holland lop though can put his ears up, found out he has a non lop gene. So possible that your bun is a mixed breed :)
Yes he is the one in my picture plus they don’t always go all the way up

Yes he is the one in my picture plus they don’t always go all the way up
so they only go half way up? possible that he is at the helicopter ear stage bit if his ears dont always stay down when he's older, then possible he's a mixed breed :)

Latest posts

Back