Ears back = pain ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freeman455

Reaction score
I remember reading ear-position signs a while back, and one of them was that if your rabbit had it's ears in a rearward position while resting, it was in discomfort or pain. Is this true?

My bun has been resting with her ears slightly back. :cry2

She's also been sneezing her little face off for the past month, a trip to the vet and medication didn't help.

4cb6vUi.jpg

Ear positions in lops are tricky. What medication did you try the first time? It sounds to me like you need to follow up with your vet an try something else. My Cricket started sneezing and my vet and I decided to try a week's worth of baytril and recheck after that. If there's no improvement, we'll take chest radiographs and try something else. We did also discuss how inflammation can cause discomfort. Perhaps you should talk to your vet about trying an NSAID like meloxicam.

:yeahthat:

If antibiotics don't work, you can try an NSAID like Christina said, or benadryl if it's an allergy. Allergies in bunnies are quite rare but can happen. If she's sneezing a lot you definitely want to figure out why. A lot of things can cause sneezing. Our Benjamin was having sneezing/coughing fits and it ended up being due to inflammation caused by pressure on his trachea caused by a tumor. We went through many courses of baytril that didn't work, and some time with benadryl before we had an x-ray taken of his chest and head. Sometimes tooth root problems can cause sneezing too, since the roots can press on the nasal passages.

Latest posts

Back