Ears are flopping down

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strings393

Jamie & Mat
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just had a quick question. My rabbit Roo's ears are starting to flop down. His mother is a mini rex mix, and is father a mini lop. His sister has one ear that sticks up and one that flops down. Roo's ears have always stuck straight up. He will be one year old in August. Is it normal for his ears to be flopping down at this age? His sister's one ear started flopping down when she was a about four months. He's eating and drinking normally. I'm about to let him out to see if he is playing normally.

Perfectly fine and perfectly normal. Just depends on Roos crown control. Some floppy eared rabbits can control their ears all together. They may stick straight out like an airplane. They may lop completely and never stand up again. They may lop when tired and he can control them enough to perk them up and listen when startled. Just depends on him. It's a little harder to understand the lop eared rabbits than rabbits with standy up ears. Kind of like trying to understand a person with a really thick accent. But it's still Roo no matter what.

Latest posts

Back