Earless Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
This has been a question in the back of my mind for months now. I constantly see bunnies that are missing ears (mostly due to being over-groomed as babies) and I'm just wondering if there are any health problems that could arise from that or any special needs they would require? I guess they would be harder to keep cool because the ears are a rabbits main source of 'air conditioning'. I feel so bad for them sometimes, people pass over them because they aren't 'whole'.

*I wasn't quite sure where this belongs.*

Here is fine. I don't see them often but I know they are out there. Poor babies.

I guess it would cause them to have temp problems.

How does over grooming cause a baby bun to lose it's ear?

I know some are surgically removed because of blood circulation issues and things like that.

Besides what you said about them having trouble cooling down, I don't think there would be other health issues, unless of course they lost their ear because of health issue.

I don't see why some people won't get a bunny just because it has no ears, actually I've seen some ADORIBLE buns with out ears!

TK Bunnies wrote:
How does over grooming cause a baby bun to lose it's ear?
Sometimes does get a little over zealous with cleaning the kits at birth and accidentally nip off their ears, and sometimes legs. They heal so fast that it can look like they were born without ears.

Learned something new just now. Well, if it was me and I saw a rabbit with no ears I think my heartstrings would get pulled and i'd end up picking that rabbit just to make sure it gets loved as much as normal ears rabbit. It's kind of a special feature for a pet rabbit :)

I googled earless rabbit just to see what pics would come up and look:

noears9a.jpg

I love wild bunnies, there soooooooo eligant.

6e44ds.jpg

no idea how those fit in... but still very cool!

kralik_bezusix.jpg
This one's cute

OMG I have this puppet:
B0006NGVKO.01-A3DDKKVJN7EED4._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

hmm... google certainly is geting stranger, I've got no idea wheresomeof those pics fit in...

Back