Ear Problem?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruki

Reaction score
I think my bunny might have a ear problem but Im not sure.
He is holding his ear back towards his shoulder blade and keeps it owner than the other. He has also been digging in it with his back toenails, Im guessing he's itching it.When he hears a noise, his left ear perks up but he keeps his right one lowered.

Should I be worried?

I looked in it and its not red, swollen, warm to the touch, or anything. It looks clean inside too.... :?

Olivia does that with her ear sometimes. But she never scratches at it. It might be beneficial to get the vet to look and make sure he isnt getting an ear infection or anything. He could also have a really small scratch and you just cant see it. But I would get it checked just to be safe

Alright, thanks.
He has only itches it like 3 times.
He seams fine. It doesnt seam to bother him...
Do some rabbits just have ears that set differently?

Some rabbits do have ears that sit differently on the head, but the way you're describing it, it sounds like his ear is bothering him. It sounds like he's consciously holding it down. Also, the differences in ear set are usually in where they fall on the spectrum between up-ear and lop, ie side to side, not front to back.

Well, last night I sat for a long time and massaged the base of my bun's ear and today...
his ear is fine! Its perked up and set the same as the other ear. He isnt holding ti down or anything :biggrin:

Ruki wrote:
Well, last night I sat for a long time and massaged the base of my bun's ear and today...
his ear is fine! Its perked up and set the same as the other ear. He isnt holding ti down or anything :biggrin:

So glad to hear his ear is back to normal. All perked up just like the other.

K :)

Latest posts

Back