Ear Mites?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennibunny

Reaction score
My roommate recently rescued a kitten from the Humane Society. When she took it to the vet for a checkup, the vet diagnosed her with ear mites.

What I am wondering is: what is the likelihood of my bunnies getting ear mites from her? The bunnies are in my room, and she's not allowed in there, and they have not been out of my room since she's been here. They have sniffed each other through the baby gate, though. We've been treating the kitten and vacuuming, but I'm concerned she might pass them on. How likely are they to spread? Should I keep checking their ears, or is it not something to worry about? Is it something I can spread by petting her, then petting them? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I don't know much about ear mites or cats, since I've never really dealt with either.

I doubt if they're kept apart that the bunny will get it. Keep an eye out for itching, head shaking. YOu can pet them both, just keep good normal hygiene ( wash hands after petting kitty)

Ear mites can indeed spread amongst different species of animals, so I suggest keeping them apart. I think my dog got ear mites from indirect contact with my rabbits.

Latest posts

Back