Ear Infection

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerzeyQT98

Reaction score
Hi all,

Kayleigh has had an ear infection. Originally treated withBaytril orally and also drops for her ears. It really hasn'tgone away and she continues to shake her head and itch herears. Brought her to the vet today and he sugggested astronger antiobiotic via injection--Timentin-- has anyone ever heard ofit?? And do you know how well it works?

I assume the Dr. knows what he's talking about. He's on thelist of referred vets (Oakhurst Veterinary Hospital in Oakhurst, NJ)and also I noticed he received a certificate from the HRS for the welltreatment of rabbits.

If anyone has any experience with ear infections and the above drugs Imentioned, especially the new injection kind, any feedback would beappreciated.

Thanks!

Angela

PS I don't like giving her the injections myself :(

:bump

Sorry, this post got missedwhen the forum was was briefly shut down.

Hope someone can answer this soon.

sas :?

Hi Angela,

That is basicallyamoxicillin. And I know thateveryone is going to be in a panic since the word is that amoxicillinis deadly. And in most rabbits, if given orally, is notgood. But some of the leading vets have discovered, and Ithink I have mentioned on different threads, that amoxicillin can beused safely...only as an injectable.

And I would hope you would learn to do injections....and administer fluids. It can be a life saver.

Randy

Latest posts

Back