ear droop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abbydabbydoo

Reaction score
My rabbit, has large black errect ears. We've noticed the last few days that one of them has been drooping. If we touch her ear, she doesnt seem to even notice so I dont think she's in pain. We cant feel anything or see anything. We will be taking her to the vets this week but just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

She hasnt been shaking her head or touching the ear, she doesnt even seem to notice.

She had a very bad case of mites last year when we found her so we're sure that's not the problem.

She might be having some discomfort somewhere in that area. Even a dental issue can cause ears to flop/droop. Have you felt around her whole face, jaw and neck to see if you can feel any type of swelling or lumps? Have her eating habits changed at all? I would give her a FULL body massage/check to see if can feel anything external until you go see the vet.

Nothing has changed at all. We have felt around her whole face, neck, head area and feel nothing at all. She doesnt move or wince if we touch it. We have not seen her shake her head or scartch the area.

Sounds like a mystery droop. Maybe scar tissue developing from the ear mites if she had a bad enough case of them?? I can't hink of anything else.

Let us know what the vet says.

I know it sounds weird, but have you tried sniffing her ear? When my bunny had infection in her ear, I could smell it.

Has it been really warm where you live? I had 3 of my baby rabbits start carrying one ear drooped when we had our bad heatwave, and it was just the heat.

I'm not sure what it was but when I got home last night, she came down the stairs to greet me and both her ears were errect. I was so happy!!!. It was fine the entire night. I guess it was just one of those things. Thanks for all of your replies.

Latest posts

Back