Dwarf?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessie926

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum, but wanted to say hello and see if anyone can help me out. When I bought my bunny two years ago as a baby they told me she was a dwarf bunny, but she has grown to a large size in my opinion and is bigger than I think a dwarf bunny should be. Can anyone take a look and let meknow if you might know what breed she is?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Jessica

How much does she weigh?The color is very common in Holland Lops, which are larger than the Netherland Dwarfs. She may very well be a Holland Lop with erect ears(not an uncommon condition in the lops).

Pam

She is pretty heavy. I would say she weighs close to 10 pounds if not a pound or two more. HollandLop huh? Okay thanks. How big do Netherland Dwarfs usually get? I figured she would not get that big, but she is big considering she is supposed to be dwarf. Although I love her to death. Ha.

Are you sure she's 10 lbs??? A lot bigger than she looked in the photo.Cinnamon rabbits are in that weight range and are that color, however, she doesn't appear to have the same type of coat (flyback) nor the commercial body type of a Cinnamon. I still think she really resembles a lop with major ear control.

Pam

To give you an idea of size, my Flower is about 10lbs (within a lb of it). Here's a picture of her so you cancompare size (the NIC panels are either 14" squared, or 14.25" squared,but you get the idea):

499m8p4.jpg

Though I haven't officially weighed her recently, she's slightly bigger than Trixie, who is 8.7lbs. So, in estimation, if Flower is noticably bigger than Trixie, she would weigh approximately10lbs. Does that make sense? :)

Anyway, hope that helps! :D

Rosie*

Back