Dwarf Hotot

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alek

Reaction score
I have the oppurtunity to get a dwarf hotot baby in April at the Amana Rabbit Show. The problem is, there isn't much about the breeds personality online. So far I've read they are docile and affectionate and some saying they have a tendencies towards nastiness; is this true? I know each rabbit is an individual but do there personalities run more towards aggressive or skittish, or affectionate and docile?
If any of you have had a dwarf hotot and have something to say about there personality let me know.

Several years ago my family acquired a male dwarf hotot at a garage sale (sad sad story..he was HORRIBLY neglected). Even though he was already 2.5 years old and had had VERY little interaction with people he was the absolute sweetest, most docile rabbit I have ever met (he got handled all the time by young children and never bit). Apparently he was bought at a "bunny farm". Because he was probably born to a BYB he was larger than your typical dwarf hotot buck and had a black stripe down his back, but otherwise looked exactly like a dwarf hotot.

If I had a chance to get another dwarf hotot, I'd jump at the opportunity.

we have a dwarf hotot, we are unsure of her age. my fiance rescued her she was really small when we got her and she still is small now. i have 5 other rabbits, 3 live together and 2 live together, they are all different breeds and are big and small. for some reason all my rabbits want to viciously attack our hotot for NO REASON. they had no problems with each other as i added to the bunny family...which in turn has made our little hotot millie an aggressive angry little bunny that lunges any all the other rabbits...she is what i call a "S#$T disturber" lol she chews and likes to move things around, and happily binkys and runs around. she acts like she owns the place here...

anyway, i find all dwarfs in general have a big personality. my netherland dwarf was the same :p

anyway, hotots are so sweet and adorable :) our hotot is really loving to us. just not to other rabbits lol

Latest posts

Back