Dutch rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I raise Dutch rabbits (as well as Jersey Woolies). I only raise Blacks and Blues. I do, however, have an Opal (blue-gray) that I want to "dabble" with. This is my favorite breed as it is very challenging to get a nice "showable" one! Also, they make great pets too. The babies are loading with personality!

Sharon

I breed, raise, and show Dutch rabbits. I love them so much. Marketing for pets is the easiest thing! They're beautiful rabbits that everyone wants! I specialize in blacks and chocolates, and soon maybe tortoise. Do you have any or were you just wanting to know about them? Right now my rabbitry is a little small, and I only have about 10. But in a couple weeks, I'll have up to 20-30 because of due litters. I madea playpen for my kits to play in, and I'll put them in and they go crazy! I have some that get so excited they almost do backflips!

Visit my new site http://www.geocities.com/star_and_stone_rabbitry

Kiya

My two dutches, Basil and Max are the best! Basil is a light brown/gray (anyone know what this is called?? One woman told me opal or lilac or something.And Max is chocolate. I have been wanting a little girl, preferrably light brown, but Im gonna have to wait on that. Mr. Tumnus came along and now my hands are full!!

Dutch are the best though! Awesome personalities. Just the right mix...fun and love to play, but not too hyper to lounge and snuggle!

- -Haley

Yes, hh2420!! I agree. Well, he looks like a chocolate lilac color or something... I know this... well, it's not a normal Dutch color, but nevertheless, beautiful.;)

hh2420 wrote:
My two dutches, Basil and Max are the best! Basil is a light brown/gray (anyone know what this is called?? One woman told me opal or lilac or something.And Max is chocolate. I have been wanting a little girl, preferrably light brown, but Im gonna have to wait on that. Mr. Tumnus came along and now my hands are full!!

Dutch are the best though! Awesome personalities. Just the right mix...fun and love to play, but not too hyper to lounge and snuggle!

- -Haley

Can you get a closer pic of her? From this pic she looks almost like a Blue Tortoise, however, I can't tell if she has shading.

Sharon

i hav a black Dutch female called Dribbles had her since friday evening and she is only two years old and has a two storey hutch she feels a bit lost with all the space :D

Starlight Rabbitry wrote:
Can you get a closer pic of her? From this pic she looks almost like a Blue Tortoise, however, I can't tell if she has shading.

Sharon
Here are a few more pics of Basil (hes a boy :)) Although he acts like my little princess!

3f9bea1c.jpg

Pics018.jpg

Bunnies050.jpg

Can you tell from those pics?

Akkatia, thanks for the compliments! Dribbles, cant wait to see some pics!

-HALEY

Thanks! Ive had him for about 3 years and never known what the color is called..he has a lot of gray and brown.

Thanks again :)

-Haley

I owned a lovely dutch girl when I was younger, her name was Bunny and I got her from a pet shop. I have decided that if I were ever to get into breeding and showing I would like to do dutches, they are so stunning.

Now that I look back on her pictures I think she was a little overweight!

STANDRAB.jpg

B5.jpg

BUN2.jpg

BUN3.jpg

BUNNY03.jpg

R2.jpg

R3.jpg

Bunny was such a doll! How cute! I think shemayhave beena tad overweight, but then again, so are my dutch boys! Ive heard dutch (and minirex) are a little more prone to weight gain than some of the other breeds...My boys are on a diet now!

Dutch bunnies are very stunning. Your Bunny was very beautiful.

-haley

Oooh Pet_Bunny, that dutch has blue eyes! How pretty!! Im so in love.

It must be hard for you (and Pebbles) to let that one go! I think I remember you saying that Pebbles actually thumped when that little dutch left. I would be mad too!

Latest posts

Back