Dutch had babies they all died?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe.G

Reaction score
I never had plans to have Babies, but it did happen, we figured out she was pregnant and tried to do what we could for her, We checked on her late last night and then when we went to check on her a first light this morning we noticed 6 dead babies, some were still in there sack. Do you think they were born dead or did her lack of care kill them?

I feel bad and this was not a plan of mine and I am not quite sure when it happen, My kids take the bunny's out to play together but they are not left alone, I know it is my fault and I had thought about getting them fixed, they are both show quality bunny's and I had found homes for them to go to free of charge.

So sorry to hear. It's really tough with First Time Moms. They can be a bit inattentive to their kits.

Accidents do happen. Now I think it's time to really consider getting your female spayed. It will be better for her in the long run.

Again, so sorry for your loss.

K:(

She may have aborted them early for some reason. Did you keep track of when she might have been bred and when she had the babies?

I had planned on getting her fixed, she got pregnant earlier then I had planned, I am not quite sure when she got pregnant, she started pulling her fur out a couple days ago.

So sorry that you lost all of your babies. It could be that the mother was just too young, aborting early, having problems with carry all sorts of things. Don't beat yourself up, if she is alright and you plan on having her spayed, you should probably do it soon. Again so sorry for your loss.

I did feel bad with the baby's being dead, I didn't want baby's anyway it wasn't planned, My buddy does want them though he has a bunch of bunny's and I think he wants to get some from a good line for his daughter to show. I wish a few would have lived so I could have given them to him.

Latest posts

Back