Dumor feed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kep12091

Reaction score
I got dumor feed for my rabbit and I was wondering if anyone had experience with this

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Rabbit Forum mobile app

I do use Dumor pellets the brand from Tractor Supply. I know its not the healthiest but my rabbit loves it. I use this pellet to get him in and out of his cage since he hates being picked up. I do half it with Oxbow organics. I also have a 4 month old rabbit who I cant seem to get to eat any other pellet but this. That's what the breeder I got her from had her on. my rabbits seem just fine on it.

I just bought this brand as well. I also bought the alfalfa hay they make. from what I could tell (and I'm still very new at this) it didn't seem unhealthy the hay has lots of fiber but I could have read it wrong. :/

I was looking into buying Dumor pellets, but when I compared the ingredients to other brands, it seemed like it was not the best, especially for adult rabbits. I think alfalfa is the first ingredient and that is only good for baby buns. If buns like it, it may be because they use a lot of sweeteners in it. The price is good so that is why I was considering it, but I decided to go with another brand that had timothy as the main ingredient thinking any savings buying Dumor might be offset by health problems down the road. If I get to a point where I can't afford the more expensive pellets though, I'd probably use it.

Having alfalfa as the first ingredient doesn't make it unhealthy. It mainly means that it's a higher protein pellet than one with timothy as the main ingredient. Pet (adult) rabbits who are fixed do better on a lower protein pellet, hence why most pet owners go with a timothy based pellet. Doesn't the Dumor brand come in 50# bags? Being in a bag that large it's usually harder to use it all before it starts losing it's nutritional value, unless you have more than a few rabbits.

I agree with majorv, I couldn't Have said it better myself.

Sent from my iPod touch using Rabbit Forum

Having alfalfa as the first ingredient doesn't make it unhealthy. It mainly means that it's a higher protein pellet than one with timothy as the main ingredient. Pet (adult) rabbits who are fixed do better on a lower protein pellet, hence why most pet owners go with a timothy based pellet. Doesn't the Dumor brand come in 50# bags? Being in a bag that large it's usually harder to use it all before it starts losing it's nutritional value, unless you have more than a few rabbits.

I decided to get her a different kind, kaytee Timothy hay brand . has better fiber and no alfalfa just Timothy hay

Latest posts

Back