Dumbest Question About Agouti's Ever

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LedaHartwood

Reaction score
I suppose this question belongs here. I'm hoping someone will snicker at their keyboard, and then post the answer. :grumpy:

Forgive me, I'm new to the rabbit world. I'm not new to ownership, but new to the fact that these guys have a whole show circut in their name. So....

Agouti...

How on Earth do you pronounce this?

I've been in conversation and the type has come up. I simply dumb myself down when in their reference, and say "natural" coats, or wild-looking. I know better, and it kills me. In my head it's ag-out-ie. What is it?!

From Dictionary.com

Agouti (Uh-Goo-Tee)

It's actually a very common question. :)

Thank you thank you thank you!

:cool: Now I iz eduj-a-macated.

Iz be kno'n rabbitz

Bo sends his mini-rex version of how to say it:

AGOUTI - Ahh-Dor-uble-feed-it-all-tha-time

I don't think it's a stupid question! I also find words on here and not know how to pronounce them or anything. The only one I plucked up enough courage to ask about was e. cuniculi (and bot was I glad I did because I would have pronounced it REALLY wrong).

I think the dummest question is the unasked one because if you don't ask, then often you end up looking like a tit (maybe that doesn't happen to everyone else, but it does happen to me). :D

how you pronounce it probably goes by your accent and country too.. i pronounce it ah-goo-tee

Yes it really does depend where you are because I am from more newcastle area although up here they pronounce it like above the geordie way is aa gow ti which I actually find more comfortable to say :p

Latest posts

Back