Duckie's claw is all weird...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duckie

Reaction score
I was going to trim Duckie's nails and I noticed one of her claws has skin growing up around it, so much that you can barely see it... I looked at the same nail on the opposite foot and it was normal. What should I do? Should I be concerned? :? :? :? :? :?
Thanks!
~Duckie's Mama

Think you can take a good clear macro shot to show us?
is it actually skin like you would find at the base of a normal nail, or something lighter, did you try rubbing it with the edge of your nail? Have you owned a cat before? When they dont clean their toes properly sometimes they can develop what looks like skin over the nail.

119_4017-1.jpg

Sorry about it being so blurry :p My mom's camera isn't the best and my camera needs to be charged :p I circled the goofy claw. Can you see the claw in the backround? That's her normal claw. :rabbithop

Edited by missyscove to fix the picture link

It looks more like it broke off but only a tiny bit is showing. I would say that it's maybe a centimeter long or less.

Okay thanks. But there is skin growing up around it and I tried to push it down but I think it hurt her :( That's mostly what I'm concerned about now that we know it's broken.

I've seen this before on my buns when they break a nail.
I wouldn't be too concerned....... unless it shows any signs of infection.

I think you'll find that, as the nail grows, it will eventually return to normal condition.

Okay I'm glad to have a vet's opinion :). I'll be looking for signs of infection and I'm happy that it's not serious!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back