Drizzle...AGAIN!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalena2148

Reaction score
This morning I noticed Drizzle was breathing a little faster, but it's hot here in Chicago (hot and humid, although it's cooling down as we speak). So, I sprayed him with some water and his breathing went down to normal. Ok, great.

I was petting him before I went to work and noticed he had a little yellowish stuff under each nostril. I felt it with my fingers and it felt dry. His nose also feels dry in general. However, he does have allergies and the windows have been opened for the last few days. It wasn't a lot, just enough to notice discoloration on his pink nose.There wasn't anymore up his nose that I could see.

Should I wait a day to see if it comes back? I also have seen him pretty much push his whole face down in his bowl when he eats pellets.Could it just be pellet dust?

I might wait till I get home to see if it's back. If it is, I'll call the vet.

hmm..might just be allergies. The yellow couldve been from hay or something if it wasnt wet or anything.

No discharge? Is his breathing better now?

I remember he had allergies before, did the vet put him on antihistamines eyer?

Poor Drizz :(

Haley wrote:
hmm..might just be allergies. The yellow couldve been from hay or something if it wasnt wet or anything.

No discharge? Is his breathing better now?

I remember he had allergies before, did the vet put him on antihistamines eyer?

Poor Drizz :(
Yes, Drizzle does have allergies, and I've had the windows open so that could be it.

This morning, he had no discharge. His breathing is back to normal.Latte had some discharge but it was clear, and since his upper res infection, he occasionally has some of that. I'm only concerned when it's a lot or colored.

The vet never put him on antihistamines, but he usually gets better right away like this. Maybe I'll ask him about it. He's not in today butI guess I could ask on Friday.

The vet called last night and said that if Drizzle gets worse w/ his discharge or breathing, I can just pick up some antibiotics, since Drizzle has had res issues before. Which saves me $ on a vet visit!He's such a nice vet (and he's young and cute, which is a plus ;))!
He seems much perkier this morning which is a good thing.:bunny5

I have another question though. What does an abcess feel like? I found a small, pencil-point sized bump on his left side by about 2-2.5 inches under his eye. (Not in his eye, but I was giving a location). It feels hard and not mushy. Should I wait to see if it gets bigger or should I bring him to the vet? I also think Latte bit him there once, but there was no cut or blood when I checked so I thought Latte missed and just nipped and not bit.

Thanks for all the help and support. :hug2:

Usually for antihistames they just tell you to go buy some childrens (liquid) benadryl. Maybe you could just ask him about that if the allergies are still bothering him. I cant remember the dose I gave Max when he was on it, but it did help with the runny nose.

Re: abscesses, they almost feel like a marble, but softer (like a bath bead or something). Are you sure it wasnt where his whiskers meet his cheek? Ive felt one of those on Lucy before and thought it was something more. A pencil point sounds awful small to be an abscess..

Haley wrote:
Usually for antihistames they just tell you to go buy some childrens (liquid) benadryl. Maybe you could just ask him about that if the allergies are still bothering him. I cant remember the dose I gave Max when he was on it, but it did help with the runny nose.
OK, I'll ask the vet about that

Re: abscesses, they almost feel like a marble, but softer (like a bath bead or something). Are you sure it wasnt where his whiskers meet his cheek? Ive felt one of those on Lucy before and thought it was something more. A pencil point sounds awful small to be an abscess..

Yes, I'm sure it wasn't his whiskers (I know what you're talking about though, Drizzle does have those, but this is too far down). Maybe I'll take a photo of the area I'm talking about when I get home.But yeah it's small, that's why I was questioning it. I'll feel it again today to see if I can get a more realistic measurement and texture (but that sounds like what I felt...hard w/ a little give to it). I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it though! Do you think it just could be skin healing up from a Latte nip?

He seems more chipper today. I called the vet,but Drizzle's discharge is gone. I'm pretty sure now that it was his allergies. I'm keeping an eye on the bump too. I think it's just fatty tissue or something (not sure), but if it gets weirder/bigger, I'll have the vet take a closer look.

:thanks:for asking Haley! :hug2:

Back