dried urines on paws?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yan1218

Reaction score
Last night, Marshmallow didn't use his litterbox,instead he peed on the floor. So today I woke up with pee on the floor and I found that marshmallw's paws are dirtier than before and so is his nose. I think he stepped on his urine and then grommed himself. The urines on his four paws are all dried up now, leaving some yellow stain. I heard that can cause urine burn and all kind of other stuff. What should I do? Should I be worried? :(

I wouldn't be too concerned unless he continues to do it.

He'll probably groom himself clean, but you can help him out if you want.

Plain water is the best, but may not take out the stain.
Wipes are good, too...baby wipes/unscented/no aloe!!/no alcohol. They make one made just for bunnies, too.
Dawn dish detergent works really well. Just make sure you rinse it out....and dry.
White vinegar works good for getting out the stain..again, make sure you rinse and dry.

In really tough cases you can make a paste out of cornstarch and white vinegar, work it into the stain, let it dry, and then brush it out with a toothbrush. Very time consuming, and I don't know if ANY of my buns would sit that long.

Latest posts

Back