downtownbuns is having health troubles with her bun Judah (lionhead)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leaf

Reaction score
In the first wave of my getting the 11 bunnies from Chicago Ridge, this couple rented a vehicle JUST for the transport.

Now, as I get ready for the next wave of rescued bunnies, they not only volunteered to help, but they drove to meet me in Mid Missouri from St Louis to pick up the pet taxis I had from the original transport just so I wouldn't have to pay shipping and could focus on the buns. The have offered to take the carriers to Chicago, IL.

At that point they'll probably be transporting the 2nd crew of rescued buns, most likely in another rented vehicle.. And keep in mind, the first trip was I think 6+ hours long split by several... SInce they are going so far out of their way I'd like to really see them recognized at this point.

Anyhow, they haven't posted a lot here but I think they need some support and welcoming in light of a health related problem thier Judah is going through. With all they are doing to help out I don't want Cindy and her husband to feel ignored while their bunny is in need:

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=39125&forum_id=7&page=2
After picking up the carriers from Leaf, we headed home to pick up Judah the Lionhead for a visit to the vet. Poor little guy had quit eating last night and has been peeing thick sludge for two days.

The vet first checked his teeth and found that he had spurs going into his cheek. Second, the vet moved on down the bunny to the bladder area. While being checked, Judah peed sludge on the vets towel. The vet determined that he had quite a lot of sludge build up. Off to the x-ray room. The vet came back and said that Judah was such a handful that he would have to be put under for the x-ray. At the same time, he wanted to trip his spurs. He also talked to us about the possibilty of having to flush his bladder, and wanted to know if we could afford to have this done now if needed. We decided to go ahead and do it all at once.

While doing the flush, the vet thought that he would have to perform emergancy surgery on him because the sludge was so thick and would not come out. Finally it started coming out during the flush. The table ended up lookin like a sandbox. Second x-rays were performed to see if all the sludge came out. He still has some sludge and possibly bladder stones. We came home with subq's that we need to administer for 1 month. We will check after that to see if he still has sludge and stone. The vet also gave us Metacam, Batrim, and Valium to relax the sphinter. He also told us no alfalfa pellets or highly calcium veggies. Funny thing, Judah has been on 1/8 cup timmy pellets and leaf lettuce and cilantro for a few years already. The vet thinks that the sludge may be do to his high EC.

We are still hoping to be able to make the run to Chicago with the carriers and back to St. Louis with the bunnies, with the other lady picking the bunnies up in St. Louis, but we probably need a couple days to see how Judah is doing.

Back