Double coated mini lop?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plymothian_Sophie

Reaction score
OK, so I have decided on the rabbit I am getting for Truffles, she is a chocolate mini lop and is 6 weeks, so I won't be getting her for at least another 6 weeks. However I am just wondering about her fur, it seems as though she is double coated, it is long and fluffy/fuzzy. This doesn't bother me, but I just wondered why she is like that? Her litter mates all seem to have normal coats but hers is very fluffy. What do you guys think? Any ideas? She's so lovely and I will be having her regardless of her extra fluff. I was just intrigued as to why this was :)

1398290304072.jpg

OMG I think she's so cute I can hardly stand it! Lol

Many lines of Mini Lops (called Holland Lops in the U.S.) carry the wool gene. It's a recessive trait that pops up occasionally. She will likely require more frequent grooming but otherwise won't need more or different maintenance than a rabbit with a regular coat.

Many lines of Mini Lops (called Holland Lops in the U.S.) carry the wool gene. It's a recessive trait that pops up occasionally. She will likely require more frequent grooming but otherwise won't need more or different maintenance than a rabbit with a regular coat.

Many thanks! I currently have a comb for Truffles, will I need to get a slicker brush too for the other one? Not sure if a comb will be too harsh on the fur?

I use the doggie man slicker brush for my angora. I believe it's made by Miller Forge. I blow her coat and only brush/comb the areas that are becoming pelted.

I use the doggie man slicker brush for my angora. I believe it's made by Miller Forge. I blow her coat and only brush/comb the areas that are becoming pelted.

I'm going to ask a possible thick question? What does pelted mean? And what do you mean by 'blowing her coat'? I have never owned a long haired animal so not sure what is best to do, wanted to get as much info as possible so that I can correctly care for her coat :)

Latest posts

Back