Don't know what to do

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delusional

Reaction score
I don't know how many of you will remember me saying I was bunnysitting a lovely little girl called Ruby.. well... she's still here. She was supposed to go home over a week ago now.

I heard nothing from her owners on the weekend when they were supposed to come and pick her up. I couldn't get them on the phone. I finally got hold of the guy sometime last week (it's all been so messed up I forget when exactly). Anyway, he mumbled a bunch of crap and then said that he wasn't 'up for keeping her' so could I 'get rid of her for him'. I nearly exploded down the phone.

I don't know what to do. I'm having such a bad month money-wise, waiting for my new salary to kick in, and British Gas messing me around and taking ridiculous sums of money from my account.

I can't believe he's willing to just uproot the poor girl again and again. Mind you that may not have even been what he meant by 'get rid'.

I'm so sick of people right now... And I just don't know what to do... :tears2:

Awww... I'm so sorry to read about this! I was excited to hear that you were babysitting little Ruby, but I had no idea this would happen.

What a pair of blankity-blanks. Its one thing to say, "I can't keep this rabbit" upfront; but to sneakily get it into your home, have you lavish attnetion on it, then tell you???
Sometimes, there just aren't enough asterixes...****** people.:grumpy:

He probably meant that it was his intention to get rid of her by giving her to you. That fool then probably suggests that you "get rid of her" too...
Blankity-blank...:grumpy:

Finding a good foster home takes a lot of time... I don't know if you're planning on keeping her. I'm really sorry to hear about the money situation. Hopefully, she'll stay in good health, and it'll be OK (unfortunately, food can get so expensive).

Hang in there, girl! Maybe there is an RO member nearby who can take Ruby on for awhile?

I'll write if I can think of something else...:hug:

Oh man, that's awful, I'm so sorry. I totally understand what you mean about money being tight, we are feeling the pinch here too. I hope everything gets better for you, and you are able to find her a good home or whatever you decide to do. Good luck.

:hug::pink iris:

I can't believe someone could do somesthing like that. The poor bunny! He probably would have just left Ruby with you forever and would have never given an explination if you didn't call! I hope that Ruby is doing okay and that you find the best way to handle the situation. Do you have any pics of her???

Aly!:)

Wow! Eugh, I hate people like that. :X Poor Ruby. :( Although, if that's what the owners are like perhaps she's better off away from them...

I hope you can sort something out hun, let us know how it goes ok? :hug:

Geez, what a jerk! I'm so sorry that this has happened to you. Poor girl, I can't believe people sometimes. I'm feeling the money crunch here too with gas and veggies! They have gotten crazy expensive, I spend about $13.00 a week on veggies and that just for 3 rabbits!

I hope that you can work something out for her, good luck to you and I'll be thinking about you and Ruby :hug1

EDIT to add: I just found your post about her and she is ADORABLE!! How on earth could someone leave her behind :X I wish I were close, I'd take her and try to bond her with Max!

What a horrible thing to do, both to you and Ruby. She is a beautiful girl - I wonder how his daughter feels :X

If you can't keep her, then I hope she finds a good home with better owners than her previous ones.

Jan

I hate people.

Most people.

I know it's so very hard right now. I know this isn't what you needed or wanted and you were merely doing something nice for someone.

Remember Karma .... you will get back what you give and you are a good person. Things will pick up and you'll be ok - I just know they will.

I hope Karma works the other way for Ruby's former owner. What a jerk.

Maybe somehow, you were supposed to have Ruby - maybe she's going to be something special in your life.

Thanks for the support everyone, I really appreciate it.

I sent this in a PM, and it's relevant so I'm going to post it here as well...

I haven't decided if I'm going to keep her permanently yet (though, it is me so I'd say it's quite likely). I just feel so bad for her. She's obviously young. I'm guessing impulse purchase for his daughter which he then changed his mind about. So she's been taken from her parents and thrown in a pet shop. Then probably taken away from her siblings and put in a cage alone, then brought to another new house... I don't think I could send her anywhere else... especially since there's no guarantee that her next new owner would keep her all her life.

She needs to settle somewhere. I think it could be with me. I hope it can be. I'm going to have to see how things go, especially since she'll need spaying and vaccinating etc.

I am sorry to say this, but I was hoping that you would keep her. I think all your buns have a great home, and this poor little girl would be so lucky to be with you.

I know that it will be a strain financially, especially as she isn't spayed, so we can all understand if you have to let her go, but it sounds as if you have a soft spot for her.

Good luck in whatever you decide

Jan

That's awful. I can't believe people sometimes! They are so..... selfish and uncaring. To put it politely. Ruby is beautiful as well, I remember seeing the pictures of her..... :(

I have to say I agree with Jan though- I'm sorry you're going through a tough time at the moment (my friend has just had similar problems with British Gas- lovely company aren't they? :grumpy:), but if you do manage to keep her, I know she'd have a great home with you! All your buns are so spoit and happy! But, saying that, I don't think anybody could think badly of you if you weren't able to keep her...

:hug:

That is horrible of them to just ditch her like that. I am sorry that you have to deal with that in your money situation. I hope it gets better for you.

People can be such nasty creatures. Poor sweetheart. I'd take her if I lived anywhere near you. I really hope you'd be able to keep her. :|

Latest posts

Back