don't eat me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magic_girl

Reaction score
hi i have a 9 month old netherland/wooly buck he started to bite me how do i get him to stop doing that if you can help thank you

he is gonna be use for breeding so i can't neutered him i pet his head he or try holding him he bites i gave him a ball to play with is there anything else i can do.

It sounds like he's entered his teenage years.
My boy was neutered when I got him, but he was an occasional nipper. It wasn't that he was trying to hurt us, more that he was trying to taste us.
I read on here about letting out a high pitched squeal when he'd bite and I used that technique and it worked really well for us. He no longer bites my skin or my clothing.
Take a look here for some more tips as well
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12319&forum_id=17

missyscove wrote:
It sounds like he's entered his teenage years.
My boy was neutered when I got him, but he was an occasional nipper. It wasn't that he was trying to hurt us, more that he was trying to taste us.
I read on here about letting out a high pitched squeal when he'd bite and I used that technique and it worked really well for us. He no longer bites my skin or my clothing.
Take a look here for some more tips as well
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12319&forum_id=17
I squealed when Splinter started to nip. He only nipped 2 or 3 more times after I started squealing before he stopped.

My original bun, Sugar, had a really bad habit of nipping at me. I gave him a tee shirt which he made very hole-y that and i read somewhere to make a squealy noise (which i know sounds weird) but with those two things he stopped biting within a week...hope it helps :)

Flashy wrote:
Did anything happen to trigger his biting? Like did it start at any particular time or after a specific event?

:yeahthat:

Or does he do it when you do something specific, like put your hand in his cage? More toys can help. Give him stuff to shred like newspaper or toilet paper tubes, noisy toys like balls with bells in them or plastic baby keys, etc. Try to let him out of his cage to play more often too. Sometimes they just need to work off some steam.

The high-pitched squeal does tend to work. My tactic is to notjerkmy hand back when he nips. Just pull it back slowly (or keep it there if you still need to do something)while telling him "no" firmly. This lets them know that nipping doesn't get them anything.

Latest posts

Back