Don't drink... here's why

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo B Bunny

Reaction score
My 30 year old cousin died on Saturday. WHy? because she drank alcoholic beverages. She had an ulcer which got worse and it bled. Over the past 2 months she lost 75 lbs. She couldn't keep food down yet kept drinking. She started to detox herself and went too fast. She had a seizure, came around and later had a stroke. She went into cardiac arrest and they only got her back enough to put her on life support to see what all was going on. That was it. A couple of days later they pulled the plug.

She is leaving behind a 9 year old severely handicapped son and a 5 year old son.

I'm sorry to hear :(Such a waste... Poor kiddos having to lose their mom so soon and in such circumstances. Thoughts for you and yours.

I'm so sorry. Alcoholism has also negatively impacted my family. So many young lives are ruined by it.

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry.
My thoughts go out to you and the family she left behind. :pray:

I'm so sorry :(. My mom is an alcoholic and a drug addict (just recently found that one out) and I'm scared my brother and I will have to bury her in a few years since she has gone deeper "in the hole" since her fiance died of cancer 7 months ago.

I am sorry about your loss.

Both parent and set of grandparents are alcoholics. And if you ask Zin I had one shot on my 21st.

I dont drink more then one drink. I refuse to become what they did.

Again I am sorry
Kat

I am very sorry to hear about your cousin and her kids... all will be in my prayers. Alcoholism is another nasty disease... I wish nobody ever had to grow up with it or live with it and most importantly, die from it.

Two of my former seniors drowned almost 2 weeks ago on Canandaigua Lake nearby... were drinking, decided to go canoeing at 1:30AM, fell out and drowned in the 40 degree water...what a waste...so sad for their parents and siblings, especially since they were not recovered for a few days...

Denise

Thank you everyone. I sure don't like hearing that so many of you are affected by alcohol in some form or another. We have lost several people to it over the years. That side of my family is particularly bad. Try to help them if you can. Sometimes confrontation will make them at least think.... tell them about my cousin... how quickly it killed her.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Thank you everyone. I sure don't like hearing that so many of you are affected by alcohol in some form or another. We have lost several people to it over the years. That side of my family is particularly bad. Try to help them if you can. Sometimes confrontation will make them at least think.... tell them about my cousin... how quickly it killed her.

Sadly, those affected by it do not see how it affects those around them. I have a long history of it in my family and hubby's family and I warn my kids every chance I get they have it on both sides of the family tree.

Even more sadly, in his early years, my stepdad abused alcohol and is now dying of stage IV pancreatic cancer that has spread to his liver, kidneys, blood and lymph nodes although not in that order. He cannot drink now... but I think of a night when I was young where he hit the scotch hard... it still stands out in my mind and he hit my mom (also an abuser of alcohol... in somewhat of a remission). Fielding the two of them between visits of police to the house... I do not wish that for anyone.

My prayers are with you... and I wish I had a forum like this 30+ years ago - it might have made life easier back inthe day.

Everyone, stay healthy and safe.

Denise

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Our family and friends have been plauged by alcoholism; I can't begin to describe the suffering and death it has caused. I despise alcohol and will have nothing to do with an industry that knowingly pedals an addictive, destructive substance that has ruined so many lives.

Latest posts

Back