Dogs and bunnie s

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dainerra

Reaction score
I always see people posting, asking if they can mix bunnies with their dogs. Can it always be done? No, it depends on the dog.
Lucky for me, Rayden has always been a lover and protector of all the babies that come into his life.
Baby bunnies or chicks get loose? Rayden picks them up and brings them to his Mama. Baby bird falls out of the nest? Next thing I know, Rayden is putting it in my lap.
DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

I missed this pic earlier..

He is an angel with all the critters in the family. Though he never liked my rat lol

Aww that is adorable, sounds like my great danes, they won't pick them up and bring to me but they know that anything that is brought IN to this house is suppose to be here and they have to respect. Anything not brought in they will chase off.
we have 3 cats and 1 part time visiter, but let a stray cat walk on our lawn and the dogs are chasing it off LOL.

Aww! Adorable! Nothing cuter then a dog and a bunny!

My rabbits love my dog, but sadly, he really wants nothing to do with them XD. They will all go over and try to play with him or lay by him and he'll just look extremely unimpressed and soon walk away.

217033_1885855742596_1127468202_32168496_81699_n.jpg

home.php

My Sammy (Doxie/Min Pin) looooves the bunnies too :)....

5325000501_495468aa07_z.jpg

5325335056_05ac2f161f_z.jpg

I'm super thankful to have a dog that I can trust 100% with the bunnies. My next dog will be a female Standard Poodle and I really hope she will be the same way!

So cute! I took some pictures today with our baby holland lop and the cat laying together. My yorkies are great with the bunny, but my boxer would shake it to death if given the chance.

No way do you have a german shepherd with a bunny... I'm very jealous.

I can't trust my GSD with my bunny. ):
It sucks, since I would love to let Harley in the living room.
He's stuck on my bed most of the time.

Lovely pictures by the way.

I'm a breeder and my young rabbits get a lot of socialization here at home before they go anywhere. They're exposed to cats and dogs.

Here is an example of what can happen sometimes~

[align=center]
IMG_0206-2.jpg

IMG_0211-1-1.jpg

[/align]

undergunfire wrote:
My Sammy (Doxie/Min Pin) looooves the bunnies too :)....

5325000501_495468aa07_z.jpg

I'm super thankful to have a dog that I can trust 100% with the bunnies. My next dog will be a female Standard Poodle and I really hope she will be the same way!
In that first pic, he looks like "Mom, it's sniffing my butt!! why is it sniffing my butt???"

I love the photos of the rabbits and dogs especially since I tried to rescue a rabbit and was turned down. I was told cocker spaniels do not get along with rabbits. No one told Nike he was suppose to not get along with others.

my rabbits are free run with my dogs, so they are all good together, there are 7 dogs total: 3 are Terrier mixes, one is a Lurcher, 2 are BCs and 1 is a Retreiver. the orange Terrier and the Lurcher are by far the most trustworthy with the rabbits BTW, and neither one grew up with rabbits...in fact they are both older rescues.

Latest posts

Back