Dog Show Results - we are CRUFTS qualified!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenson

Reaction score
It was the British Utility Breeds Association show yesterday, we took Jiro and Ame. It was my first time handling, and Jiro and Ame's second show. I handled Jiro and Ame was handled by her breeder Maureen. Jiro got Reserve Best Dog in Breed and 2nd in open class, Ame got 2nd in junior class which means they are both qualified for CRUFTS 2010! I am over the moon!

Jiro was beaten to 1st in open by Ame's mum Jeema, Ame's brother Taro got Best Dog in Breed and Ame was beaten to first in junior by her sister Amaya who also got Best of Breed so excellent results for the team! Jiro also beat the dog which won BOB at the Belgian Utility show last week. He was so well behaved, I was nervous about taking him but he made me so proud! Very, very happy with him!

It was Jiro's big day, I'd decided before we went that if he didn't relax and enjoy this show I wouldn't take him again, but he was perfect!

122.jpg

123457.jpg

12.jpg

And here is Ame!

123456.jpg

12345.jpg

1234.jpg

I can't believe we are going to CRUFTS, dreams do come true! :biggrin2:

Congratulations!!!! I'll have to look to see when it is televised here. Please let me know around when to start looking at the guide. :D

Elf Mommy wrote:
Congratulations!!!! I'll have to look to see when it is televised here. Please let me know around when to start looking at the guide. :D
Thank you! We'll be showing on Saturday 13th March, it'll be streamed live on the website everyday.

http://www.dfscrufts.tv/

It will also be televised on More 4 for an hour every evening starting Thursday and a two hour special on the Sunday for Best in Show.

I dont agree with crufs, But I thinks its fantastic your dog got through!
She looks a great model for her breed. Ill keep an eye out once it shown on the tv here

Congrats!!! Seeing these pictures make me miss my akita sooo much ):

Congrats!!!! You have 2 absolutly stunning dogs! I can see why they got through! They are gorgeous. I will be definatly keeping an eye out for you on the 13th of march.

irishlops wrote:
I dont agree with crufs, But I thinks its fantastic your dog got through!
She looks a great model for her breed. Ill keep an eye out once it shown on the tv here
Aww, why don't you like Crufts? Have you been before? Thanks, they are both very good dogs!

fuzz16 wrote:
Thank you! Aww, I love Akitas, they are such eye catching dogs. The pintos are fabulous. They were inthe same ring as the Japanese Akita Inu's so I had time to watch them being shown on Saturday, they are beautifuldogs!Do you have any photos of yours?

Oh my gosh!! That is just simply amazing!!! What an honor! I can't wait to hear all of your stories!!!

Don't see many of the Akita Inu's in the US at all. Are they similar to some of the other Japanese breeds? The only ones that I am familar with are the Akitas and Shibas. They are pretty aloof and very cat like.

Jenson wrote:
fuzz16 wrote:
Thank you! Aww, I love Akitas, they are such eye catching dogs. The pintos are fabulous. They were inthe same ring as the Japanese Akita Inu's so I had time to watch them being shown on Saturday, they are beautifuldogs!Do you have any photos of yours?

Here's a couple when she was a pup. She was stolen and she is chipped but no one has called me and I've reported her stolen. This was over a year ago though. I've heard rumors from friends that someone I know took her but I'm not sure...I think even if I found her I'd be afraid to take her back because if they stole her they probably didn't take the best care of her. Someday I hope to have another.

DSC04160.jpg

DSC04161.jpg

DSC04162.jpg

DSC04166.jpg

Congratulations! I know what it feels like when your babies make you proud :) Congrats to Ame and Jiro ! Hope they got some nice treats and cuddles afterwards!

Double N wrote:
Oh my gosh!! That is just simply amazing!!! What an honor! I can't wait to hear all of your stories!!!

Don't see many of the Akita Inu's in the US at all. Are they similar to some of the other Japanese breeds? The only ones that I am familar with are the Akitas and Shibas. They are pretty aloof and very cat like.
Yes they are quite similar to the other Japanese breeds, very cat like, like you said. Jiro my male can be aloof with strangers, never ever aggressive, but sometimes a stranger will reach out to pet him and he will turn away or back off. He is rarely affectionate to a stranger, at most he will wag his tail!

I think the Akita Inu's are slowly but surely making their way over the US, but I think when the new Hachiko movie with Richard Gere comes out...everyone will want to know more about the Akita Inu then!

fuzz16 wrote:
Jenson wrote:
fuzz16 wrote:

Here's a couple when she was a pup. She was stolen and she is chipped but no one has called me and I've reported her stolen. This was over a year ago though. I've heard rumors from friends that someone I know took her but I'm not sure...I think even if I found her I'd be afraid to take her back because if they stole her they probably didn't take the best care of her. Someday I hope to have another.

DSC04161.jpg
That is too cute! I am so sorry she was stolen from you. I can't even imagine how heartbroken you must've been! Shame on whoever stole her. I hope you get another someday!

Ya, I really loved her. If I ever get another I want one with her coloring.

What would you call that?

Latest posts

Back