Dog found our baby nest

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fancijon

Reaction score
One has a gash on his face. The other three are shocky, and may have internal problems. What do I do? I am an emotional wreck, I love my littles so much, I am devestated.

They are newborns, only 4 days old. Dwarf bunny babies. I'm so scared I'm going to lose them and feel so terribly guilty.

Where were the babies? Have you got a good rabbit vet? That is where they need to go asap. Hope they make it! Good luck!

So sorry, I didn't get notification on this. :( I just saw your other post.

These are pet dwarf babies. :( Don't assume the missing one was eaten, look everywhere to make sure he wasn't carried and deposited elsewhere.

Otherwise I *think* all you can do is keep them in a dark, warm spot and let them recover if they're going to. Not much else you can do, although antibiotics are probably in order for the one with the gash, although if you can clean it with Betadine, that will do for now. I think handling and transporting to a vet is stressful and ultimately futile, but I'd phone a vet and ask for another opinion.

How are they doing?

How the mom?

sas :cry2

Thank you so much for replying. We did find the other baby, hiding under a teddy bear in the closet!

I appreciate the thoughts on the injury. I am treating it myself, I felt they are so tiny a trip to the vet would be too stressful and more harm then good. She will be disfigured but can still eat, so when she's old enough to go to a vet, we will revist maybe having the cheek pad removed if it causes her problems.

I believe God loves all His creatures, and our prayers were answered that all five bunnies are alive and kicking!

Glad all the babies are still with you! That sounds like such a shock.

I don't know much about newborns and what kind of medication they can have or whether it is even safe to give such young buns any at all, but is there any way to get some pain relief for the little one with the gash?

Jen

Latest posts

Back