Dog Food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lloorren

Reaction score
I've read that dog food can be lethal if ingested by rabbits. We're watching a dog for a couple days and we put his food up high so that the bunnies can't reach it, but it seems like they keep finding ways to climb up our setups, my question is how much would a rabbit have to eat in order for it to be lethal concern? She got a little piece in her mouth and we quickly moved her away

I never heard it was "lethal" but it is not good for them ..

if a rabbit ingested a very smal amount I would not worry about it at all butI would do everything possibl to make sure that the bunny cannot get more over time.

I agree, I haven't heard it is lethal. I have heard of bunnies eating it, which of course isn't good, but it's not like eating tomato plant or chocolate or anything. I think they'd have to eat quite a bit or eat it for a long time to cause damage.

Dog food has animal products in it, so that might be hard on the digestion. It has less fiber, more carbs, more protein. As long as they don't eat enough to fill their belly and stop up the GI, they should be fine. Remember though that bunnies tummies are small--maybe 1/2 c at most.

Back